huge elk e-mail

the nikster

I was sent a photo through e-mail of what looks like an 8x8 bull that has been caped out. Huge to say the least, will try to attach. Has anyone seen this, is it old, is it fair chase or farmed, I have no details.

Attachments

• big elk .JPG
    big elk .JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 411
Elk are concidered Exotic in Texas??? What the Hell is going on down there. Do you get much more of a North American Big Game animal than a bull Elk?? No tags required, hunt for em' year around.....looks like I am lost up here in the Northwest.

I thought I read where there's no season for elk and that there was the possibility that this elk was taken illegally---guess I better go reread the stuff I've read about this elk---chris

Texas Bull
December 11, 2005
This bull has been getting a lot of play over the Internet, and rightfully so. Here’s what we know:

The bull is believed to have been taken by a bowhunter in Texas. It has yet to be entered into B&C or Pope & Young, so no entry or due diligence has been initiated.

What is unclear is whether or not this bull will meet eligibility requirements for entry into B&C should it be entered. Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. does not consider elk a game animal and as such do not have a management plan in place for elk (hunters do have to have a state hunting license, but there is no elk license or tag.) There is also no currently recognized hunting season for elk in Texas, and can therefore be taken year-round. Elk are not native to Texas (other than the Guadalupe Mountains). They are currently considered an Exotic.

We’ll keep you posted when we know more.

geesh can be hunted year round--I guess I didn't read it that well the first time--chris

Are you guys for real. This is nothing more than livestock. Don't give it anymore consideration than you would looking at a dead cow killed with a bow.

i talked with a friend of mine that lives in texas...all elk hunts there are on high fenced ranches.........:cool:

It takes two very specialized calls to successfully bowhunt monster elk in Texas. The sound of a hefty check being torn from the checkbook and the soft tap metal feedbucket simulator. :cool: This effective method is gaining popularity among landowners and wealthy hunters and is rapidly spreading to indigenous and non-indigenous elk states.

Plus the dude is from texas so he's maybe what 5'4" or 5'6" tops. Don't be fooled by the tall hat.

Yetty said:
I wouldn't shoot that bull even if it was roaming free in Montana. It's not wide enough.

It's wider than you think being as those are Texas shoulders behind that bull. :rolleyes:

Toney boy from Armpit...most of us are 5'6" to 5'8" from the knees up son. :cool:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back