Howa Snowking Paint Durability

ardrhi

It took almost 3 months, but I finally got my wife a Howa in the Snowking camo. We took it to the range and she enjoyed shooting it (thank goodness), but a few flecks of paint showed up in her hand and one was on her cheek. There aren't any patches of missing paint, but there are a few black spots on the raised bumps on the arm and it looks like the fleck on her cheek came from a crease where the action meets the stock. I am a little worried that this might be a sign of things to come. I have given Legacy Sports a couple weeks, but they still have not replied to my email inquiry about this concern.
Has anyone with a Howa in a camo pattern noticed something similar? Is this just a few loose paint flecks or is the camo going to come off over time?

After close to 4 months I finally got my Howa Snowking, but I'm not complaining since it was free compliments of this website ;):D

Cant wait to get it out for a shoot

I think just about any painted stock will chip over time. That's just the way it goes.

If it is anything like the duratouch dipping on Winchester Shotguns, which I think it is similar, It is very good feeling but you may see some light chipping on the edges. I have an X3 that has the finish and I love it. It is easy to grip even when wet. I have not noticed any issues where you handle the gun the most, just on some of the edges and nothing to worry about. My brother has the Howa Snowking in a 22-250 and has had no problems with his and his is several years old.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back