HOWA questions here

Resprung? What what what? I've always just trimmed a coil off the end of the stock spring. Would love to hear what springs folks are using.

I agree, never walk around with one in the pipe, but I don't think a lighter spring would affect safety so long as the one doing the spring changes adjusts the tension screw and tests pull weight and safety. At least not within reasonable limits.

I have one of the limited run ceracoated Fieldcrafts and have gone back and forth about selling it. It's the threaded 22" model in 65cm with the green stock.

Can't wait to see what Howa has coming out in 2021!
Gun bloke sells a two spring sets.

Gun bloke sells a two spring sets.
Very nice, thanks for the tip. No more clipping actuator springs!

The HACT trigger is the first 2 stage trigger I've ever had. I have to admit that I really like it.

Chad:

I see a Carbon Elevate on the Howa website but there are no specs for it - yet. I am assuming that is the new lightweight model you were referring to? Being it's now online, can you share anything about this model?

Chad:

I see a Carbon Elevate on the Howa website but there are no specs for it - yet. I am assuming that is the new lightweight model you were referring to? Being it's now online, can you share anything about this model?
What would you like to know?

What would you like to know?
Carbon Elevate

Is it offered in long action or just mini and short? If in long, what chamberings will be offered?

Weight of rifle in each action length.

Barrel Length in short and long action.

Is the carbon barrel made in house or is it Proof Research or one of the other barrel makers barrels?

Price and when will they be available?

Carbon Stalker

What long action chamberings will be available?

Weight in long action?

Barrel length of long action chamberings.

Price and when will the long actions be available?

Thank you!

Chad from LSI:

It's been a couple of weeks since you've been on. When will you be able to answer the questions on the couple of posts above about the new carbon models? Thank you sir!

I stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse this past weekend to take a look at the Randy Newberg - Howa rifle. They indicated that this line was no longer being produced and they are selling out the remaining stock. What's up with that? I was ready to "pull the trigger" on this rifle only to find it is no longer available. Any news you can share on the production status? Will I be able to get a new rifle prior to this fall's hunt?

I have been waiting for a rifle I ordered back in mid January.
Supposedly it was in stock at the distributor my dealer ordered from.
Apparently the demand is more than can be kept up with right now. Shops all around me can't get Howa rifles in.

Looking for some replacement stalk assistance.
My son bought a Howa 1500 .270 from a lady who found it in a storage unit auction. Yes, the numbers have been run and it is free and clear. Our problem is the prior owner made a horrible hand carved bench stalk for it that’s so heavy it’s not practical for anything other than bench shooting. The wood stalk alone weighs 14.23 pounds. The original stalk was never found in the unit. We’ve looked at several different big brand stores, in person and online, here in WY as well as CO & UT for a new aftermarket replacement stalk for it but can’t find one. Howa wanted more than he paid for the gun just for a replacement stalk, over $200.

Can someone recommend a place to go that sells replacement stalks for the Howa 1500 in .270? At this point I’m at a loss. Thank you.

EDIT—STOCK FOUND AND BEING SHIPPED.

Last edited:
My son bought a Howa 1500 .270 from a lady who found it in a storage unit auction. Yes, the numbers have been run and it is free and clear. Our problem is the prior owner made a horrible hand carved bench stalk for it that’s so heavy it’s not practical for anything other than bench shooting. The wood stalk alone weighs 14.23 pounds. The original stalk was never found in the unit. We’ve looked at several different big brand stores, in person and online, here in WY as well as CO & UT for a new aftermarket replacement stalk for it but can’t find one. Howa wanted more than he paid for the gun just for a replacement stalk, over $200.

Can someone recommend a place to go that sells replacement stalks for the Howa 1500 in .270? At this point I’m at a loss. Thank you.
There are some on ebay right now - one is a Bell & Carlson Carbelite.

Boyds stocks are the way to go I think.

Boyds stocks are the way to go I think.
I will second this. Bought a Spike Camp for my Marlin XL7 and love it. Just checked their website and including left hand models they have 13 styles available. Spike Camp for the Howa in standard colors is only like $120 + shipping, more if you add some features.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back