Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

HOWA questions here

That's good news. I have one of the now-rare Bansner LAW stocks for my 1500, and it takes the rifle to an entirely new level. Also reduces felt recoil by about 30%. Too bad that relationship didn't last. The HS Precision stocks are great stocks, but they are still too heavy. Not everyone needs a benchrest quality stock for a hunting rifle. Especially those rifles with sporter and lightweight barrel contours. Putting a 3# stock on a barreled action with a lighter contour really defeats the whole purpose.

I wish you guys luck and appreciate that you continue to import such great quality rifles from Howa.

Looking for a carbon fiber, lightweight adjustable stock of youth LOP for Howa long action.
The Manners composite TF4A was close but they dont do Howa long actions.

Any suggestions?
Doing a Howa 1500 270 to 280ai conversion and want a better/lighter stock that is youth/adjustable LOP.
Thanks,
Pilsner

Attachments

• received_931626720584112.jpeg
    received_931626720584112.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
Sorry for the change of direction. I’m considering a Howa 6.5CM or 7mm-08 for my young kids (12). I have just starting looking into them and was curious what the difference between the Legacy Howa and just Howa? Difference between the “Standard”, the “Gameking” and the “Ranchland”? Thank you for any guidance.

Legacy is the importer of Howa products. If memory serves correct, the standard and Gameking are the same, except for the Gameking having a Nikko Stirling "Gameking" scope mounted on it, and a Ranchland has a lighter, shorter barrel than both of the standard and Gameking.

Sorry for the change of direction. I’m considering a Howa 6.5CM or 7mm-08 for my young kids (12). I have just starting looking into them and was curious what the difference between the Legacy Howa and just Howa? Difference between the “Standard”, the “Gameking” and the “Ranchland”? Thank you for any guidance.
Good morning, I hope all is well. "Legacy Howa" and "Howa are one in the same. Legacy Sports is the Authorized importer of the Howa Rifles. The Standard is a rifle only, GameKing/GamePro is a scoped package. The Ranchland is no longer available.

Good morning, I hope all is well. "Legacy Howa" and "Howa are one in the same. Legacy Sports is the Authorized importer of the Howa Rifles. The Standard is a rifle only, GameKing/GamePro is a scoped package. The Ranchland is no longer available.

Thank you!

Thia spring I bought two Howa Alpines. One in 6.5 creedmoor and another in 7mm-08. I love the rifles but there are a few areas for improvement. I would offer them with 22-24 barrels as a way to alleviate muzzle rise. I would also redesign the plastic DBM setup. Really low quality/flimsy and neither of my guns will feed at all with the DBM setup as the bolt overrides the cartridge. I like the idea of a DBM but one made from aluminum in a AI footprint with a more robust plastic mag like a Magpul would be perfect. That or offer an aluminum bottom metal set to replace the very heavy steel ones you currently have.
As for the stock the Bansner pattern is perfect. The H&S currently offered is a heavy club in comparison. I understand that Banser/LAW was not a good supplier, but I would suggest a similar pattern could be made by other MFG's
I really hope that Howa revisits the Alpine concept soon.

After owning a number of bolt-action rifles from Remington, Ruger, Savage, Winchester, Tikka, and Howa, I have come to the conclusion that the Howa is my favorite barreled action for a number of reasons. That said, the Hogue stocks gotta go. They are simply awful. Boat anchors is how I typically describe them. I really, really wish LSI would find a different stock supplier to work with. Every other major manufacturer has a factory lightweight stock option. Howa barreled actions are already heavier than most because of the action design and steel hinged floorplates. When you drop them in a Houge stock or even a HS Precision stock, they are unbearably heavy for a hunting rifle.

Please find a better option than the Hogue boat anchors. They cheapen an otherwise first rate product. And consider offering an aluminum hinged floorplate or truly flush DBM option.
I agree completely in regards to the Hogue and HS stocks.

I’m looking to buy a new rifle next year and love the look of the Randy Newberg rifle. Especially since it has a muzzle break. But I prefer a Leupold VX-5. Any chance the Randy rifles will be available without a scope? I would also be very interested in a new lightweight model like the Alpine Mountain rifle. Anything like that with a muzzle break and magazine instead of hinged floor plate would be so sweet. Anything like that coming?

So I just bought my son a Howa 1500 . 270 yesterday. It shoots great, about 1/2" group with the 140 gr nosler partitions I slapped together on a whim..no complaints there. But is there a way to take some of the slop out of the factory trigger, theres close to a half in of play in it.

So I just bought my son a Howa 1500 . 270 yesterday. It shoots great, about 1/2" group with the 140 gr nosler partitions I slapped together on a whim..no complaints there. But is there a way to take some of the slop out of the factory trigger, theres close to a half in of play in it.
The Howa trigger or HACT trigger, is a two-stage trigger. It is designed to have about 1/2" of takeup at 0.5-1 lb., if that's what you're referring to.

Whats the purpose of the the play in the trigger?
It's not "play," it's designed to help you feel where you are on the trigger. Two-stage triggers are quite common, and have been around for a long time. The newer safety triggers with the center blade (Savage, Mossberg, Ruger all use them now) have the same basic principle. The first portion is the takeup to help you know where you're on the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back