MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HOWA questions here

Just bought my first Howa, the Multicam in 6.5CM with heavy barrel. Planning on putting my VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it. Does it come with bases? What are the suggested rings (and bases) and height? Thanks.

Looks like I’m getting a howa after December

Looking at the HS Precision stocks, there is "length of pull" - which lists around 12-14.5" on their website. What is length of pull and what does Howa use on their rifles?

Last edited:
I was planning to purchase a Howa 1500 (in 308), then pair it with the Freedom or the vx 31 cds scope. After some questions about scopes, I decided on the vx 3i. Then I stumbled on the Randy Newberg series package. I can purchased the Howa 1500 and scope for probably less than $800. My question to everyone is about the signature series upgrade to the gun. Is it worth the cost? Thanks Pete

I was planning to purchase a Howa 1500 (in 308), then pair it with the Freedom or the vx 31 cds scope. After some questions about scopes, I decided on the vx 3i. Then I stumbled on the Randy Newberg series package. I can purchased the Howa 1500 and scope for probably less than $800. My question to everyone is about the signature series upgrade to the gun. Is it worth the cost? Thanks Pete

Howa guns with Hogue stocks typically on sale for $399, Cabelas shows the vx3i CDS to be $499, Leupold bases and rings typically run $40-$50, so you're close to $1000 with that configuration. The Randy Newberg edition has cerakoted metal and stock (+ $150 value) and an HS precision stock (+300-$350 value over Hogue) so it's going to be a pretty close race if you wanted to upgrade your base Howa package to the Randy Newberg one. Ultimately it depends on what features you want your rifle to have.

Looking at howa hs precision in 7mm Rem mag. Does anyone know the mag box length in the long action and the muzzle diameter of the howa no2 contour in a magnum caliber?

Anyone have a starting point for Copper bullets in factory ammo they have had good results with in the Howa 1500 Ranchland security package? (20” lightweight barrel).

55 grain lead worked well before.

Okay, I sure would like to hear when the new rifles chambered in 6.5 PRC can be expected to hit the shelves on the East coast.
What is the MSRP ?

Good Afternoon!

I received my Howa 300 Win back from Legacy and was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I would love to hear from other Howa 300 win owners about what shot well in their particular rifle. I'm open to factory or hand loads. The factory seems to have fixed my sticky chamber issue but I am still searching for something better than barely sub MOA. I will say the legacy's customer service was very good.

Good Afternoon!

I received my Howa 300 Win back from Legacy and was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I would love to hear from other Howa 300 win owners about what shot well in their particular rifle. I'm open to factory or hand loads. The factory seems to have fixed my sticky chamber issue but I am still searching for something better than barely sub MOA. I will say the legacy's customer service was very good.
How can assist? I have a 300 WM. Mine loves the Hornady 180 grain SST.

Chad J Peters
Legacy Sports International
[email protected]
775-828-0555 Ext 125

How can assist? I have a 300 WM. Mine loves the Hornady 180 grain SST.

Chad J Peters
Legacy Sports International
[email protected]
775-828-0555 Ext 125
Chad,
Thank you for reaching out! I tried the superformance SSTs and they shot around 2.5 MOA at 100. I was able to get just under MOA with the standard 180 hornady whitetail loads. I was hoping to find a bullet with a little better BC than the soft point. Where do you recommend going from here?

Matt, Thanks for your support and your service. I have 3 Howa's, and they are the first ones out of the safe's! ( .270 green, ,243 Black, and the New Distressed American flag 6.5...they shoot great!!!)

Good Afternoon!

I have a lot of Howa 300 Win Mag. I've yet to find a round they don't like. I shoot 180 grain in mine, either Nosler AccuBonds or E-Tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back