Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

HOWA questions here

I just want to let everyone here know that Legacy Sports customer service is pretty awesome! If you have an issue they will take care of you and I truly believe go above and beyond to make sure your expectations are met.

Could anyone tell me if the barreled action on the Howa HS precision model is cerakoted or not? I am interested in trying one of these but not sure if I want to add that cost on top of the price of the rifle if it isn't already done.

Could anyone tell me if the barreled action on the Howa HS precision model is cerakoted or not? I am interested in trying one of these but not sure if I want to add that cost on top of the price of the rifle if it isn't already done.
I believe they are blued.

Good morning, I hope all is well. The HS Precision comes with a Blued barrel. However the Randy Newberg addition does come Cerakoted

What are the differences between the 1500 Hogue and the HS Precision?

The HS is twice as expensive as a 1500, I think the HS has a different stock and is bedded. I do not yet understand the intricacies of rifle design, do these differences justify the significant difference in price?

For context, I will be buying my first big game hunting rifle soon (either 30-06 or 308) for public land elk hunting in Colorado.

The HS is twice as expensive as a 1500, I think the HS has a different stock and is bedded. I do not yet understand the intricacies of rifle design, do these differences justify the significant difference in price?

For context, I will be buying my first big game hunting rifle soon (either 30-06 or 308) for public land elk hunting in Colorado.
You get what you pay for with stocks. HS feels good in my hands but hogues do not. I would go to sportsman's and try handling them each.

The HS Precision is a fully bedded aluminum stock that is a Kevlar/fiber stock. The Hogue is a true synthetic stock that is pillar bedded

Good afternoon. I have one Howa (love it!) and am considering another, but I can’t seem to find a lightweight .308 (under 6lbs) option on the website. If I am missing it, can someone please point me to it?

Good afternoon. I have one Howa (love it!) and am considering another, but I can’t seem to find a lightweight .308 (under 6lbs) option on the website. If I am missing it, can someone please point me to it?
The Howa Hogue is the closest option at just over 6 lbs for the rifle only

Question for Legacy Sports. I have a Howa/Hoque 1500 in 270 Win. I am considering purchase of the Oryx Chassis along with 2 metal mags. I have read that there is a fitment problem with the mags against the bottom of the action. If I purchase this chassis and mags ( $600.00 +/- ) from you will you be willing to go out to your work bench and pre-assemble all of this stuff and mate the mags to a 270 action then ship me the parts ready to assemble ? Thanks, Jerry

Question for Legacy Sports. I have a Howa/Hoque 1500 in 270 Win. I am considering purchase of the Oryx Chassis along with 2 metal mags. I have read that there is a fitment problem with the mags against the bottom of the action. If I purchase this chassis and mags ( $600.00 +/- ) from you will you be willing to go out to your work bench and pre-assemble all of this stuff and mate the mags to a 270 action then ship me the parts ready to assemble ? Thanks, Jerry
Good morning, I hope all is well. We actually do not carry metal mags for the 270/30-06 in inventory. These would have to be purchased from another vendor. We do have the Oryx chassis available for a long action. I personally recommend Polly mags in my Oryx

Hi Chad, thank you for asking if all is well. I am 11 days away from being 74 but still have both feet firmly planted. Any reason for Poly over metal ? I had also read, gotta quit reading stuff, that the metal mags allow a bullet to be seated longer than in a Poly mag. I plan to use the Barnes TTSX 130 gr. If I was to go with the Poly instead of metal will there be any type of fitment problem or is everything ready to go ? Thanks, Jerry

I recommend the Poly Mags to me the fit better, and do not rattle. I like the MDT Poly Mags. They are a bit stiff at first but break in nicely

After owning a number of bolt-action rifles from Remington, Ruger, Savage, Winchester, Tikka, and Howa, I have come to the conclusion that the Howa is my favorite barreled action for a number of reasons. That said, the Hogue stocks gotta go. They are simply awful. Boat anchors is how I typically describe them. I really, really wish LSI would find a different stock supplier to work with. Every other major manufacturer has a factory lightweight stock option. Howa barreled actions are already heavier than most because of the action design and steel hinged floorplates. When you drop them in a Houge stock or even a HS Precision stock, they are unbearably heavy for a hunting rifle.

Please find a better option than the Hogue boat anchors. They cheapen an otherwise first rate product. And consider offering an aluminum hinged floorplate or truly flush DBM option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back