Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How would Zinke be as DOI head?

Wow. Quite an improvement over McMorris-Rodgers!

Hope he accepts.

Agreed.

Others feel similarly. "Congressman Ryan Zinke has shown courage and commitment to public lands and conservation, and someone we think would be an excellent secretary of Interior." - Whit Fosburgh, president/CEO, TRCP

Yep, this seems way better than McMorris-Rodgers or Labrador.

I'm still worried about the future of public lands, but a tiny bit more hopeful

Like the rest of you, I hope he accepts the position. Hopefully TRCP, RMEF, and others have reached out to him to let him know how much it would mean to hunters if he would take the job.

If you're a Montana resident, now would be a good time to contact the Congressman and let him know you support him taking the position-

https://zinke.house.gov/contact/email

I've never been a Zinke supporter, but I have always admired his willingness to vote for public lands.

If you're a Montana resident, now would be a good time to contact the Congressman and let him know you support him taking the position-

Good point.

The fact that Rob Bishop and his Utah contingency does not like Zinke should make for some interesting dynamics when Interior issues come before Bishop's House Natural Resouce Committee.

I've never been a Zinke supporter, but I have always admired his willingness to vote for public lands.

I was just composing an email. I'm not a MT resident. Does anyone have an email address without going through the link above? It asks for your MT address.

When did he accept? I just read an article that says he hadn't decided. Also, I'm glad it's not Labrador from my state of ID, he is way too involved in the great lie called state transfer.

I'd guess Trump Jr had something to do with this. It's good for public land and I like it.

I'd guess Trump Jr had something to do with this. It's good for public land and I like it.
Define good. This is like finding out you are only going to lose your left nut for sure when you thought everything from the waste down was going. He's after the glory. Who knows what he'll do. It likely won't be good for public land unless you are fan of exploitation.

Rob, you couldn't expect him to nominate an environmentalist. TRCP, RMEF, and BHA all came out in support of Zinke.

And they need to hold him accountable as well. Lime I said a while ago, it's not an outright assault with sale & transfer they want. They can accomplish the same goals by eroding the public interaction with land managers as well as through regulatory statute.

Zinke certainly followed Bishop in regards to the latter.

Still, much better pick than other names floated. Not nearly as good as some others.

Rob, you couldn't expect him to nominate an environmentalist. TRCP, RMEF, and BHA all came out in support of Zinke.

I simply asked for a definition of good. He's not going to be good by many standards. Of the crop out there, Zinke is probably the least damaging, but make no mistake he is not likely to be "good" for the people who want to keep prime habitat intact.

And they need to hold him accountable as well. Lime I said a while ago, it's not an outright assault with sale & transfer they want. They can accomplish the same goals by eroding the public interaction with land managers as well as through regulatory statute.

Zinke certainly followed Bishop in regards to the latter.

Still, much better pick than other names floated. Not nearly as good as some others.

I agree totally. I don't like him but dislike him a lot less than some of the other disgusting choices that were floated out there.

So I guess all the hot air in this thread http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?272545-McMorris-Rodgers-Thoughts was just that.
Glad to see this outcome.

I think there was a lot more to it than "hot air", given that there were transition updates circulated within DOI that said she was going to be selected.

Who knows....perhaps the collective groan that went out across the country got noticed. Either way, this is a relief given the other names that were floated.

I simply asked for a definition of good. He's not going to be good by many standards. Of the crop out there, Zinke is probably the least damaging, but make no mistake he is not likely to be "good" for the people who want to keep prime habitat intact.

I understand. He's probably the best that we could hope for under the circumstances.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back