Caribou Gear Tarp

HOW to score a bull.. 101

for the last two weeks I've been lookin' for my 1/4" tape measure as I've been wanting to rescore mine--just can't seem to find it--oh well some string works also with a bigger tape--maybe tomorrow--chris

Chris.. HEHE.. I think my 4 year old boy (5 NOW) makes it look alot bigger then it actually is.... I ran a quick tape on it last year and I think I was at 280-300 ish ?!!? But that was before I learned everything I did now. So I might be even a bit high on that score :confused:

CHris.. YOU shot a FUGGIn "HOG" of an elk didn't ya ? Repost a picture here, Weren't you the one that hunted turners in Montana ? Or next to it or something ?!?!

Nice Trophy wall Moosie, that is one hell of a nice moose. Is that an Idaho moose? If so, what did he score?

Your ID bull is nice, but definitely not in the ball park of the MT boy (that would make sense anyway!) :D So, I would say 283 net on the ID bull.

Surprised your bull is much lower than my official. It wont net under 320!! :rolleyes:
Will It?

Yeah Chris, post some of your pics again, I like looking at big bulls. I think I have some of them saved around here somewhere!

Any bets on whether the boys come back with a pig today? I got a good feeling. Was that other bull bigger, smaller or the same Moosie? I guess they could just as easily run into a completely different bull huh?

The place they go, there is bulls around every Tree :rolleyes: Or at least that's the way they make it seem sometimes and everyone thinks it is just ask anyone that reads the boards

I guess thats why it took me 4 hunting trips to Montana driving over 5,500 miles on my truck racing around, logging over 55 miles on my BOOTS and thousands of vertical feet before I got a Crack at one... YEP, That Montana hunting is a breeze, just buy a tag and come home with a 300 class bull ;)

I do think they have a good chance though, But there is still alot of time to hunt.... Like 7 more days, I think W.W. is jsut trying to keep the suspense up though.... :eek:

The other bull was actually bigger. Or at least thats what I'm hoping for W.W. if he SMACKS it !!!! Who knows though ?!?!?

Sorry 'bout that, working sux.. MAkes ya ruch ansers sometimes.. YES, It's an Idaho moose, I'm not sure what it scored. It's actually my dads MOOSE. It's 42" spread. I have my moose that I shot in my office ot home. It';s Alot smaller at 39 1/8" and thiner palms. We chot it in the same area, his a year before mine. He used a 300 wein mag and I used my PSE bow.

Horn seeker, I've learned to hunt "SMARTER" not harder ;) 55 miles was Plenty for 4 trips... And of course I'm guesing maybe it was only 5.5 ;) HAHA or 555, I miss the Decimal sometimes !!

Can I elaborate on anything else ?!?!? :confused:

Here is a link to my MOOSE story in case you want to read it :

http://www.elkaholic.com/98.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back