Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

how to pack out a deboned elk

Aron has packed some serious loads out of the mountains. I'm sure his knees and back will be reminding him in 10-15 years.

Pics with scale, thanks.

That would be a bit narsacistic, right?

The only pack I ever actually weighed was a three mile black bear pack out in NW MT (142 lbs, Cabinets). Only real difficult part (aside from getting back up after a rest) was two stream (spring time, so river?) crossings. Others I know have done more during elk season.

Not talking a 100 lb pack for several days up and down 10K' peaks.

P.S. I'm not a super hero. But my son thinks so :)

Last edited:
The only comical part I see is you pulling this video from youtube and stating "this is comical'.

What I said is kind of comical. What i was talking about is when he was trying to load the meat in the pack and then had to remove some items. ( no sense of humor?)

I'm glad I watched the video, otherwise I wouldn't have known how to pack the dozens of elk we've shot over the years out of the mountains! :rolleyes:

And, I doubt many were under 100lbs and know for a fact that many were much, much more than that because we'd weigh them once we got them to the meat processor.

And, what in the hell is up with the knee pads?

A scale solves the 100 lb pack myth just like the rangefinder has fixed the 500 yard shot....

A scale solves the 100 lb pack myth just like the rangefinder has fixed the 500 yard shot....

Bestest $50 I've ever spent:D

P1010455.jpg

P1010456.jpg

Isn't that the truth. Not always practical but I'm pretty sure it would debunk many of hunters 100 lb packs if they actually weighed them. Kinda like the 340 bull in the picture but when you go see it in the garage for reals its about 315.

100 lb packs are ball busters and I personally have never had one that heavy yet. I know guys that do but they eat raw meat and hate dancing as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back