Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How to get a nocturnal buck to come out during the day?

Sometimes cutting back on the bait will force them to come earlier to get it before its gone.

I started using a scrape dripper that's designed to drip during the day and thus bring them out during the day. First day on it a buck came out. I don't buy into all these products but I've gotten desperate in Illinois. Wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

Stop baiting....I've done it both ways.....without bait, I see deer in the daylight and in my sights.....with bait, I have awesome pictures. I know it is hard when there are corn piles every couple 100 yards. Otherwise, you are going to have to get them in the rut with does at your corn as they rarely eat in the rut.

I am only 80 yards away from the main bedding area. I am afraid that the bigger bucks might spook off if I get any closer and the rut should be starting pretty soon so im going to count on does coming to the corn.

I wouldn't put all my faith in a bait pile, as someone said earlier, they don't eat much during the rut. I say find the does and the bucks will show, i just don't think the bait pile will be a good place because the bucks won't just stand and let the hot does feed for any amount of time. . .if your bowhunting. . .with a gun its a different set of rules. (Might also be a hunting pressure issue that made them go nocturnal)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back