How to cook grouse during fire ban?

Charcoal is included in the ban. But I can grill on my little propane grill.
You can. Not as good as charcoal though.

Here in Wyoming open fires is what is banned and right now not every area. Charcoal grills with covers are not considered open fires. Don't want the ones that set directly on the ground though. If the ban does not explicitly cite charcoal grills, I would call the FS, BLM or county authorities in area you are hunting and check on it.

On the camper stove, you effectively have 95% of recipes available. Schnitzel and Nashville hot fried grouse are recent go to’s (pound thin and fry fast).

My favorite recent archery lunch: cube a breast and boil. Use slightly more water than your mountain house calls for. Pour into mountain house chicken and dumplings. Add a packet (or three) of Taco Bell hot sauce. Take a nap. Glorious.

Slice the breasts lengthwise so you have two thin pieces... Dredge in fry magic or seasoned flour, hot and fast in bacon grease or butter. Good clean living.

I’m a simple man. Salt it. Light a fire. Grill it carefully over coals. Don’t overcook it.

if you really wanna get fancy, crisp up some bacon and fry up flour dusted strips or nuggets in bacon fat

shot one this past weekend, diced up the breast meat and boiled it in my jet boil. Added that boiled meat to the mountain house chicken and dumplings, it was a great addition.

It was good just boiled also right out of the water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back