How much tackle is too much tackle?

Rev

My wife thinks I'm nuts for having six or seven tackle boxes. What she does not realize is that each is specialized to match what I am fishing for and conditions.

Now, if I only had more time to actually go fishing!

I heard of a fellow years ago who bought a bait and tackle shop, thinking it was going to be the perfect business. It lead to divorce and bankruptcy...
Seems she spent her days behind the counter waiting on customers while he was out "field testing" the product line!

------------------
There is no conflict between a love for God, a love of guns and a love of freedom. -Rev.

Rev I have more tackle than I need.I only take out one t-box at a time and it is slamed full.The funny thing I only use two or three baits out of it all.

I have 1000's of dollars worth but it always boils down to worms and lizzards for me at the end.

Delw

Yeah, I find I go back to using the same lures over and over. The tackle in most tackle boxes has caught more fishermen than fish! The Bass Pro and Cabela's catalogs have been very tempting over the years.

------------------
There is no conflict between a love for God, a love of guns and a love of freedom. -Rev.

We are easy targets aren't we? We all like to fish and there are always new products coming out that we have to have!

You asked for it..... here's a rundown of my tackle boxes:

Walleye equipment:

(1) Wille's baitfile filled with nearly 100 crankbaits: Value of $500

(1) Plano Guide series box containing terminal walleye tackle such as: assorted jigs, harnesses, lindy sinkers, bottom bouncers, etc. Value of $400

(1) Ice fishing gear box consisting of various jigging spoons, hooks, sinkers, tip-up lights, tools, etc. Value of $200

-------------

Next category: Salmon

(1) box w/approximately 20 spoons, downrigger releases, pliers, spare hooks, O rings, J-plugs with a value of $250

-------------

Next category: Big Game

(1) Box filled with Mepp's Muskie Killers, Suicks, etc type lures and filled w/leaders and other terminal tackle. Value: $200

-------------

Final category: General 'whatever' fishing tackle

(1) Box filled with various spoons like Daredevle, Krocodile, frogs, plain hooks, splitshot.... general junk for perch, bass, northern, herring, whitefish, panfish, etc. Value: $300

-----------------

What can I say other than..... YOOPER LIKES TO FISH, and MAINLY FOR WALLEYE!

Yep..... I got lotsa tackle. Anybody wanna go fishing with me?

Hey I can do this hehe.
monday $53.75, last week $235 (had a tourneyment), the week befor $200 it goes on and on. I have 9 corado reels at 119 each 8 diawa pole's at 187 each. The boat was cheap just filling it was expensive.
I have a tournament next week my wifes sure thats going to be about 200 bucks. But i'm going to suprise her and not by nothing.(that would suprise me).

Delw

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back