How important is it to you to own a Handgun?/ Tangent CAR THREAD

Not important to me. I have one my father gave me when I turned 21 and it has sentimental value as it was his old service sidearm. Not sure if I would own one though if I didn't have that one. Would rather shoot my rifle.

My grandfather has several, my father has several, my brother has several and I have two. I got a quickdraw revolver and holster for the 18th birthday and always take one when hunting , fishing, camping.

I agree. However in my mind, I like them and feel safer when I have one.
Randi I couldn’t agree more... when ever I’m doing “outdoor “ stuff... I always bring a handgun ...
“ I’d rather have it and not need it, Then need it and not have it“
Be Safe
PaMtMn

I enjoy owning and shooting all of my guns, whether they are shotguns, rifles, or handguns and whether they are lever actions, semi-autos, revolvers, pumps, bolts, etc. They are all fun to shoot, they are all fun to look at, and they were all fun to shop for. I suppose most of them are recreational, or "sporting goods." But a couple of my handguns are tools, not unlike a fire extinguisher or a set of jumper cables, just in case I ever need them.

I own 5.
3 of them are black powder.
I open carry with all of them.
Conceal carry with the 2 semi autos at times when not convient to open carry.

Looking for a 38 revolver without breaking the bank for my wife.
Hi
Taurus makes a 6 shot 38 spl stainless steel 3” revolver real nice won’t break the bank:)
PaMtMn

My parents didn’t hunt but I grew up around handguns, and they were incorporated into the fabric of life.

I will always own a couple…

I own 5.
3 of them are black powder.
I open carry with all of them.
Conceal carry with the 2 semi autos at times when not convient to open carry.

Looking for a 38 revolver without breaking the bank for my wife.
Get her a +p rated 38 and not an airweight. I love my S&W 640 but they are pricey now.

not very important to me. Where I would miss it most is when I hunt lower 48 griz county, i generally carry it on hunts.
For EDC I think I would miss it the least.

My husband was a handgun "looney". I could have had a new 1963 Stingray when they were introduced if we had not spent so much money on guns and not just handguns --and--the stingray would have been a much more intelligent and practical purchase. :cool:

He did have some pretty cool handguns however. I always liked the old Webley 455 Top Break and some of his Derringers ( Colt, Philadelphia, Sharps ) were fun to play with. He got all carried away when Ruger introduced their Blackhawk, but he was never able to talk me into shooting the 357 or 44 magnums. That long barreled ( forgot the length ) 12 shot cylinder stevens was fun to shot ( I think it was stevens, but not 100% sure my memory is correct ) . He had a leather Indian style closed end holster and belt made for it/me. My granddaughter has it now. I was sure he was going to kill himself or at the very least shot off a toe with his quick draw antics . Yeah we had them ( children and grandchildren have them now ) but we should have had fewer of them allowing for me to have a new stingray :cautious:.

All kidding aside, I preferred the automatics and did carry one for a while but stopped doing so when I started sailing outside the U.S. Even before 9/11, there were times at the airport, I ran back to the vehicle or my husband did when I forgot to take my handgun out of my purse.

We always took one for two handguns with us when hunting and fishing, but I think it was more of a "man" thing than a "protection" thing. ;)

My husband was a handgun "looney". I could have had a new 1963 Stingray when they were introduced if we had not spent so much money on guns and not just handguns --and--the stingray would have been a much more intelligent and practical purchase. :cool:
I'm going to take your side on this one. Those old Stingrays were the greatest.

That was the split window car. I would trade all my handguns for one. mtmuley

I wanted my first car to be either a Stingray or Chevelle as a kid. Ended up with a Jeep Wagoneer.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back