How do you prove you've been vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking there will be a Covid card you need to provide to prove vaccination in order to say, board an airplane, attend certain events and probably other things. mtmuley
Already some travel benefits

Attachments

• 02.14.21-Health-Advisory-2-International-and-Interstate-Travel.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 21
But other vaccination records aren’t needed to take a vacation from work or some of the things that are proposed like concerts and flying domestically. Being required to show a medical document to do any of these things is a HIPAA violation last time I checked.
None of those things are a right, just a privilege, potentially only awarded in trade for a voluntary exchange of information.

This may go nowhere, but I'm being told (by my wife) that I should have a QR code on my CDC card I was given when I got my shots. All I'm seeing so far is the code is to verify you are able to get the 2nd shot, Moderna in our case. I got my shot at an on-site clinic at work, so no registering or pre-qualifying was done. They came back 4 weeks later to give us the 2nd shot and I was on the employee list and had my card from the first shot. They put a sticker showing the Moderna lot number in the 2nd shot line. With all the talk about Covid passports being needed in the future being possible, is my card with no QR code on it good? I saw on the news now that fake cards are being sold! May not be a thing right now but my curiosity has got the better of me and I'm looking for answers. I'll be asking at work tomorrow about this as well.
Blue card with my name, date, lot#, like all of my childhood immunizations.

Not a problem!
They ain't sticking that crap in me! Not without a military detachment for assistance!
Last time I took a flu shot (1992), I got so sick, I was scared I was going to die and afraid I couldn't.
The wife and me took the shot at the same time. Woke up sick at the same time.
Our oldest was 15, DID NOT have a driver's license, but keep running to the grocery store to keep us from starving! LOL!
Lasted 7 full days.
You should discuss this with your doctor. If you had that kind of serious reaction to a flu shot which is essentially infecting you with a mild case of flu to kick in your immune system, you may be at significant risk of severe reaction to COVID infection, i.e. you may be in the high risk group ... for death. Something to think about. And something for your family to think about.

This may go nowhere, but I'm being told (by my wife) that I should have a QR code on my CDC card I was given when I got my shots. All I'm seeing so far is the code is to verify you are able to get the 2nd shot, Moderna in our case. I got my shot at an on-site clinic at work, so no registering or pre-qualifying was done. They came back 4 weeks later to give us the 2nd shot and I was on the employee list and had my card from the first shot. They put a sticker showing the Moderna lot number in the 2nd shot line. With all the talk about Covid passports being needed in the future being possible, is my card with no QR code on it good? I saw on the news now that fake cards are being sold! May not be a thing right now but my curiosity has got the better of me and I'm looking for answers. I'll be asking at work tomorrow about this as well.
I thought the QR code was on the chip? :ROFLMAO: Nah, seriously, my card doesn't have anything like that either. And that makes me wonder, what's to stop some nefarious folks from making false cards? So many folks post their cards on social media, I can't imagine they won't get copied for the wrong reasons...

You should discuss this with your doctor. If you had that kind of serious reaction to a flu shot which is essentially infecting you with a mild case of flu to kick in your immune system, you may be at significant risk of severe reaction to COVID infection, i.e. you may be in the high risk group ... for death. Something to think about. And something for your family to think about.
Already talked to my PCP and my orthopedic surgeon.
Told 'em both, "Not no, but HELL NO!"
Orthopedic surgeon told me the hospital will test me before surgery.
If I'm positive, they'll make me wait 2 weeks. If negative, they'll proceed.
The disease is no hoax and no joke.
The panic and lockdowns is horse hockey.
Closing schools and businesses is horse hockey.
Quarantining healthy people is horse hockey.
Mask wearing is horse hockey and has probably caused way more problems than it solved.

Mask wearing is horse hockey and has probably caused way more problems than it solved.
I'm in the same boat. They're trying to get me on the table for gallbladder and hernia surgery. But I'm smart enough to know the best place to get infected with COVID is a hospital. No way am I going in there without being vaccinated first. Recovery will be hard enough without battling pneumonia and coughing my head off with a piece of flimsy mesh holding my guts in place. Better check with your insurer. They might not cover you if you refuse vaccination and get COVID. They shouldn't. Not fair to others in the plan.

LOL that masks are causing more problems than they resolve. Be sure to follow up by telling your surgeon you insist they wear no masks while operating on you since they are not doing anything. What is this damage masks are doing to the average person? Only damage masks are doing that I can find is to some frail egos and serving as a wildly false/unsubstantiated and divisive political narrative to help ensure no opportunity to find and drive a wedge between americans is left unused.

You seem to concede the pandemic is no hoax and not a joke but align against ALL THE SCIENCE and methods and best efforts to minimize spread? Talk about having zero interest in doing and encouraging the basic things actually in your control to help us all get past this sooner.

A vaccinated populace should stop or at least heavily mitigate the need for limiting business operations. A shame you have to decline a vax. A double shame so many with no negative personal history with vaccines making them seriously ill are unwilling to serve the greater good to get vaxxed even if they are not really in favor of it or perceive some risks. Absolutely their right to choose but that does not contribute to resolving the situation.

Last edited:
Khunter wrote:

"... that masks are causing more problems than they resolve. ..."

Well, I see that you're beyond looking past your own nose. Trying to explain the difference between surgical masking and the infernal "face diapers" liberals seem to insist are "life saving essentials" is an exercise in futility.

BTW! POTUS Biden and "Sir" Anthony Fauci are suggesting double masking.
Will that be an activity in which you'll be participating?
Wouldn't want you to miss out on curing the epidemic......er "pandemic".

simple question. what problems are the mask causing? you said “Mask wearing is horse hockey and has probably caused way more problems than it solved. “

Dr. Otto matic?
Well, first off, I'm no doctor.
Like I told you in post #92, with your mindset, explaining the fallacy of wearing face diapers is an exercise in futility.
You're convinced that mask wearing saves lives.

Well, first off, I'm no doctor.
Like I told you in post #92, with your mindset, explaining the fallacy of wearing face diapers is an exercise in futility.
You're convinced that mask wearing saves lives.
Let's see ... the virus is spread from droplets that are exhaled by infected individuals and ingested by uninfected individuals (inhaled or fingers touching eyes or mouth) Seems to make sense if you're wearing a mask it will intercept at least some of the viruses. Okay, so there's those enlightened individuals who claim masks only trap the virus they're exhaling and therefore make it more likely they'll get sick. If you're exhaling the bug into the mask YOU'RE ALREADY INFECTED! Duh! Some folks just can't handle science based reality. Like that "genius" high school dropout who thought we should try injecting Lysol. Reality just isn't weird enough.

Ok, I'll call it good here. I got plenty of responses to my question but now it's getting weird again. As usual. Big Fin, you can do your thing any time now, please.

According to a news article yesterday (FOX), Biden has assigned Health and Human Services to work with airlines and other folks to create credentials proving an individuals COVID vaccine status.

[QUOTE="Nemont, post: 3180667, member:

back to the OP. You got a card that shows you were vaccinated my advise is to get it laminated, take a pic of it on you phone and file a copy away.

Nemont
That way he will be ahead of the curve. mtmuley
[/QUOTE]
When I got my second shot, last week, I was told specifically NOT to laminate the card, because there are more spaces on the card, in case there are future booster shots for other variants, longevity, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back