MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How do you prove you've been vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this initial push, I'll bet you're right. But I think we'll slowly climb up there over the next few years.
Google vaccination rates of various disease.

Look at rates of mandatory ones ie MMR and Hep versus voluntary ones like influenza.

Nope.

Just got mine today, same card as everyone else.

@mtmuley all vaccinations are recorded from birth till death. It one big giant screwed up system. I wouldn’t sweat it, it will likely get lost in gov inefficiency along the way.
I'm thinking there will be a Covid card you need to provide to prove vaccination in order to say, board an airplane, attend certain events and probably other things. mtmuley

No doubt. They have a 10th of the population we have
The issue is not population size. If anything, you guys are way ahead of us since we have no national supply source and have to outsource the vaccine. I'd bet that per capita, Canada and the USA have the same average in terms of COVID deniers. We talk a little different and Canadians are obviously far better looking ;) , but in the end, our population is just as smart, or dumb, as yours and this will be reflected in the % of vaccinated individuals when the supply chain can finally fulfill demand.

At the end of the day, I want the shot so that I can finally travel to the US, the shot could be straight drywall dust mixed with sewer water and I'd still take it. I've put much worse in my body.

Last edited:
Population size absolutely does matter.

But anyway the point is that as now the U.S. is far ahead of almost every developed country and the clown from Ontario is claiming Americans to be ignorant hicks who care only about themselves. If all the places with socialized medicine are so far superior why are they all so far behind this country?

I am already vaccinated and got mine through VA. I could have gotten through our local health department or make an appointment at our local facility to attend one of the clinics. That is just here in podunkville.

back to the OP. You got a card that shows you were vaccinated my advise is to get it laminated, take a pic of it on you phone and file a copy away.

Nemont

[QUOTE="Nemont, post: 3180667, member:

back to the OP. You got a card that shows you were vaccinated my advise is to get it laminated, take a pic of it on you phone and file a copy away.

Nemont
[/QUOTE]
That way he will be ahead of the curve. mtmuley

Not a problem!
They ain't sticking that crap in me! Not without a military detachment for assistance!
Last time I took a flu shot (1992), I got so sick, I was scared I was going to die and afraid I couldn't.
The wife and me took the shot at the same time. Woke up sick at the same time.
Our oldest was 15, DID NOT have a driver's license, but keep running to the grocery store to keep us from starving! LOL!
Lasted 7 full days.

I'm not a big fan of getting shots but deal with for surgery sake. I just paid a guy 9 thousand bucks to stick me with a needle yank a few teeth grind on some jaw bone and drill a few holes for implants on last Monday. Wasn't all that much fun. Don't know where I was going with this might be the pain meds . probably is. Yep covid shot . Not doin that .

My wife and I got COVID back in November, I had little to no symptoms and she lost taste and smell. My symptoms were so mild, I would not have even known I had it if she didn't lose her taste and smell, because of that we both got tested.

Now 4 months later no lingering or lasting effects, I know the same cant be said for everyone. However, I have antibodies (nobody knows for how long), and I'll be honest, I am skeptical to go get a vaccine not knowing any long term affects of it. I am by no means anti-vaccine, but for me, there is not enough research and long term data for me to feel comfortable. My mom and Grandma have both been vaccinated, they are higher risk and I completely support their decision along with anyone else choosing to do so. If I had not previously had COVID, I would probably consider for my self as well not knowing how COVID would affect me.

Research is suggesting that people can still get COVID with the vaccine and vaccinated people can still spread it, however, their symptoms and risks are much lower. Research has also suggested, people can get COVID twice, but second time shows to be less sever with milder symptoms. The CDC website directly states they don't have enough data or research to understand how the vaccine works.

With out enough research and data to prove the vaccine keeps me from getting it and spreading it, I will take my chance with my antibodies and getting it a second time. Maybe down the road, data will change my mind, but for now, the unknown long term risks of the vaccine itself outweigh the protections of it for me. Once again this is not the case for everyone either.
There is data that vaccinated people are actually protected from getting infected and spreading virus (not just a lack of symptoms with infection), and there is also data that shows that vaccinated people are less likely to catch new variants.
Current recs are wait 90 days then get vaccinated if it's your turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back