How do you prove you've been vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave N

This may go nowhere, but I'm being told (by my wife) that I should have a QR code on my CDC card I was given when I got my shots. All I'm seeing so far is the code is to verify you are able to get the 2nd shot, Moderna in our case. I got my shot at an on-site clinic at work, so no registering or pre-qualifying was done. They came back 4 weeks later to give us the 2nd shot and I was on the employee list and had my card from the first shot. They put a sticker showing the Moderna lot number in the 2nd shot line. With all the talk about Covid passports being needed in the future being possible, is my card with no QR code on it good? I saw on the news now that fake cards are being sold! May not be a thing right now but my curiosity has got the better of me and I'm looking for answers. I'll be asking at work tomorrow about this as well.

I have yet to see one with a QR code. I haven't seen or heard of any broad plans formalizing any proof of vaccination beyond the cards. Illinois likely has a database with your vaccination record. If you received your vaccination from your primary provider they may have some additional record as well. Those are the only official/semi official forms of proof I'm aware of.

You'd think World Health Organization would be on top of this and organizing some international uniformity to prove vaccination.

There isn’t a QR code. All vaccines administered are submitted daily to the CDC. I am sure there is something in the works as far as a database for travel requirements and such.

All the high tech companies, health companies and other newbies are all pushing to get into this. There will be dozens and none will talk to each other. Going to be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back