Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How do you handle a Hushin' addict?

So are there any hunting shows that don't suck? I don't know of any hobby/interest group that hates its own media like hunting
Hunting currently feels super saturated by content, apologies for the continual comparison to skiing but it's what I got...

Anyway from for decades there was just Warren Miller, then 2000-2008 you had a few production companies emerge and really push the genre. Matchstick and Poorboyz were the big ones. Every pro skier wanted to be in their movie and they really got to elevate the best athletes. Then around 2009 about 10 different companies all came onto the scene at ones, 2010 about 15 more. Then youtube/vimeo/ etc took off along with gopro and basically every aspiring athlete had a segment every year.

There was no one to really act as the curator of the content/gate keeper. In some ways it was a great thing because it let women and other folks who had never got attention showcase content... but the downside was that it was just an onslaught crappy edits to the point everything kinda became trite. Seems like an identical trend with hunting. Cabel tv shows being the warren miller, FT and Meateater being the Matchstick Poorboyz crowd... and now... every Tom, Dick, and Harry with an iphone.

When BF and meateater were the only guys going to POW it was pretty cool, now holy chit who doesn't have a POW edit EVERY year. Feels like 1/3 of the non-resident unguided permits are going to filming groups. When I went in 2019, I actually recognized half a dozen faces from TV shows.

Anyway... my hot take.

Last edited:
Shave your head except for a rat-tail. Put a fake firebull tattoo on your neck. Invite your kids to join you on your next hunt, where you say you are planning to set up 1000 yard head-shots on deer or elk. Or if it’s archery, 100-yard shots with a mechanical.

If it’s more cool for dad than SIL, maybe he’ll quietly move on from hushin 🤷

Hunting currently feels super saturated by content, apologies for the continual comparison to skiing but it's what I got...

Anyway from for decades there was just Warren Miller, then 2000-2008 you had a few production companies emerge and really push the genre. Matchstick and Poorboyz were the big ones. Every pro skier wanted to be in their movie and they really got to elevate the best athletes. Then around 2009 about 10 different companies all came onto the scene at ones, 2010 about 15 more. Then youtube/vimeo/ etc took off along with gopro and basically every aspiring athlete had a segment every year.

There was no one to really act as the curator of the content/gate keeper. In some ways it was a great thing because it let women and other folks who had never got attention showcase content... but the downside was that it was just an onslaught crappy edits to the point everything kinda became trite. Seems like an identical trend with hunting. Cabel tv shows being the warren miller, FT and Meateater being the Matchstick Poorboyz crowd... and now... every Tom, Dick, and Harry with an iphone.

When BF and meateater were the only guys going to POW it was pretty cool, now holy chit who doesn't have a POW edit EVERY year. Feels like 1/3 of the non-resident unguided tickets are going to filming groups. When I went in 2019, I actually recognized half a dozen faces TV shows.

Anyway... my hot take.

1.) Did you even go to school and learn the English language? Your grammar here is deeply troubling and your lack of spell check is making me think you're on the dope.

2.) *once

3.) *Cable

4.) Warren Miller

5.) IPhone

6.) Meateater

7.) *milquetoast

that's on you, babe. — I'm nice. I'm polite. I'm optometrist by nature,...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back