Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How did you meet?

Wife don't say much about my hunting partners. But then I aint never been good about taking pictures.

Now fishin partners are different. I used to go fishing pretty regular and caught some biguns. Got the urge to take pictures of my fish on last trip I was allowed to go on. Now for some reason, I am banned from fishing. Scroll down to see picture of my fish.

fishing with sam.jpg

Plenty of guys on here that I’d like to hunt with.

I met my hunting partner through my wife—he’s married to a good friend of hers. When we first all started hanging out he didn’t hunt, but was interested. I’m pretty enthusiastic and started working on him, and now he’s pretty into it. He and I both shot our first bulls together year before last.

One through work, one through a hunting forum, another in a marathon running group. I still do about 75% of my hunting alone. Always seems to be a challenge getting schedules to work out. I'm lucky in that I have an understanding wife, flexible schedule, and a decent amount of vacation time.

Church. My partner is about half my age and twice my height, but after several conversations about hunting we decided we have very similar ideas on ethics and how we like to hunt. We connected up a few times and became very good friends in the process.

My best friend from college, but he moved to Cali. We duck hunted together in college. A few years back I was telling him about how I was planning on getting into big game hunting out west not thinking he would go with me (he's a workaholic). He immediately asked if he could join me, and now we do trips to Utah for our regular reunion. I'm also bringing a guy I met through our bible study for the first time out west, but we hunt and fish together regularly here in Texas.

Met my 2 hunting buddies through work - I manufacture log home packages and they build log homes.
When we're not shooting rifles, shotguns or bows, we are reloading or building arrows or riding horses.
Been going out west and other trips together for about 12 years now. They put up with me tagging along.
Now their boys are teens and it's a whole new experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back