How big is this bull??

One other thing I would like to add. We hit some pretty cruddy weather mid week and one thing that was more valuable than any other gear I had was the bino harness system that I use from FHF gear. Never had a drop of water on my binos or rangefinder being able to always keep them covered. Make sure if your looking for a top of the line bino pouch, check them out! Zach and I both commented on how valuable it was during the rain to have it.

Also, I guess I better add this part as I'm sure some guys may get a kick out of it........So, one bull we saw mid week, a bomber by any standards, was moving some cows down a hillside but would not respond to calls at all. SO, I figured if we ran down the hill fast enough, we could cut them off. That plan may have worked without the mishap that shortly ensued. Imagine running down a 50% plus grade as fast as you can with weapon, packpack, and spotter........Now imagine hurdling downfall left and right at what felt like 30 mph:) And imagine the suprise when your rain pants don't quite clear one of the branches stuck to the top of a log and your feet instantly stop in mid stride. As you might imagine, the physics of the situation state that your upper body, particularly your head is going to go to the ground at a very high rate of speed..........hence the black eye that I have. Also, when you have a spotting scope in your pack, it too goes forward at a high rate of speed until it makes contact with the back of your skull. and when you land with that much force on your arm, on another log, it will create a bruise about the size of a grapefruit and draw blood...............I by the way got to prove all these physics theory's correct one eventfull morning..... I couldn't even physically get unstuck from the log either, Zach had to help me:)

Thought that would be at least an entertaining part to the hunt that some might like to know.....

And no we did not beat the elk to the destination......the zigged when they should have zagged and we were left battered and bruised with no elk within 200 yards of said meeting place.......;)

That is a hell of a bull critter congrats. Someday Im going to go out and get myself a bull.

very impressive bull and great story. congrats to Zach also. Anytime you double up it's something to be remembered

Fantastic bull and awesome hunt getting a couple of excellent animals on the ground. Doing it the best way possible, in some big country and of your own backs....i bet those memories will never fade..

What a sufficiently large male elk.

Like has been stated many times in here already, if anyone deserved a bull like that, it was you. Congrats.

Too bad you are soooo short and busted all that tine off packing him out...
Great bull man...congrats again...glad I got to see it in person...I thought it was photo shopped! :)

VERY, VERY nice!!

I saw this when you first posted, but had to come back and check on it when it started getting so many replies. Very glad that I did. Very nice bull!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back