Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How badly did Go Hunt wiff on your hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no point does goHunt claim to “predict” odds.

I honestly think it would be an improvement for them to calculate odds based on last years applicants and this years tags. Most people consider that “predictive”. I only consider using all the data available.

goHunt does almost exactly what I used to do on my own. I can earn $k’s in the time it would take me to put all that data together. $150 is cheap. I’ve found a couple errors in their stuff before, but nothing major and no one is perfect. They save me a lot of time, and I consider them to be an excellent starting point to whittle down an unbearable load of tags to a small researchable number. Other than a couple errors that very few people of anyone noticed, they haven’t whiffed anything. All they do is tell you what LAST YEAR’S odds WERE. “Past performance is not predictive of future results”.

You have to consider GoHunt's odds are really nothing more than a digital Hunting Fool or EO. They have, I am guessing 10s of thousands of subscribers, and thousands more who subscribe to free trials right before the draws. All these people are reading the same information, there are no secrets. All the lemmings get pushed in the same direction and then wonder why the units they chose went up in points and down in odds.

In the engineering world we call that modeling, some call it forecasting, others call it predicting. It's data that's supposed to help you make an informed decision. My simple question is only how accurate was their data in your informed decision making?
Missed this, all makes sense now. Its always fun finding a way to fix the engineers blue prints so that it will work in the real world. In my experience engineers are either extremely smart or ....well commando. Never an in between it seems. No offense to any other engineers here as the Majority are the smart ones.

Missed this, all makes sense now. Its always fun finding a way to fx he engineers blue prints so that it will work in the real world. In my experience engineers are either extremely smart or ....well commando. Never an in between it seems. No offense to any other engineers here as the Majority are the smart ones.
Boy you aint lying. I have had to do a whole lot of real world modifications to engineers screw ups to make stuff work.

How in the world is there always at least one catch basin on every road move project that falls right in the middle of a utility line that was just replaced to get it out of the way of the new construction.

Engineering.

What you call “forecasting” or “predicting” is what many would actually call “historical data” - in that you’re left to your own devices as to what to do with it. I’ve never seen GoHUNT or any other website say anything close to “this is what the odds will be this year”. They give you the information from previous years allowing you to make your own inferences based on that information.

I can’t believe I’m explaining this to someone with a PhD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back