How badly did Go Hunt wiff on your hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighCountryCommando

Go Hunt predicted 100% odds for a WY special draw antelope hunt @ 3pts. Reality was 10% odds @ 4 pts I did not draw. Would love to know how badly Bro Hunt whiffed for you this year. Yeah I know it's not a crystal ball...however.

It sure would be great if they posted how close their prediction was to reality. I guarantee we never see that data. Let's see if we can't piece together the reality from fantasy ourselves.

How badly did Go Hunt wiff on predicting draw odds for your hunt this year?

Last edited:
As others have pointed out, Gohunts odds are exactly what they say they are... last year's odds. Odds are not predictive. It's a good starting point but with tag reductions and huge increased to applications across the west, it shouldn't be a surprise that the same tag is harder to draw this year.

Go Hunt predicted 100% odds for a WY special draw antelope hunt @ 3pts. Reality was 10% odds @ 4 pts I did not draw. Would love to know how badly Bro Hunt whiffed for you this year. Yeah I know it's not a crystal ball...however.

It sure would be great if they posted how close their prediction was to reality. I guarantee we never see that data. Let's see if we can't piece together the reality from fantasy ourselves.

How badly did Go Hunt wiff on predictioning draw odds for your hunt this year?

You get what you pay for! Go hunt and others can give all the “draw advice” they want but a few people jumping into the pool can ruin it all. Or even their own advice can ruin odds. Have seen it happen plenty of times.

You get what you pay for! Go hunt and others can give all the “draw advice” they want but a few people jumping into the pool can ruin it all. Or even their own advice can ruin odds. Have seen it happen plenty of times.
Years ago it was the "eastmans effect" now everyone knows they are useless

Gohunt uses a trendline feature to show past trends; that's as close to predictive odds as they get.
Ron Wold is the only guy publishing predictive odds and he only does OR.
I understand the math just fine thank you.

Think of this thread as an attempt at performing a little QA/QC.

How badly did Go Hunt wiff on predictioning draw odds for your hunt this year?
Go hunt did not whiff on predictioning my draw odds .

They are providing you draw odds for the previous year, I don’t think they make any claim that they are trying to predict what will happen the current year.

If you got your hopes up by assuming that they would be 100% accurate for this year, that is your own fault
My fault? Why would you assume I got my hopes up? Assuming? You're watching too much Oprah. My Go Hunt subscription is pretty safe.

I understand what Go Hunt is and is not.

I'm just curious how accurate they were. Some of you HTers think I must kill puppies in my spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back