Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hotel in meeker co?

Hookedonelk

anybody know of a hotel in or near meeker Colorado? Heading there this September looking to get a good nights sleep before we go in, but have heard horror stories about people staying at hotel and trucks are broke into in the mornning?

How can I tell a person hasn't done a google search?

Becausre they don't ask if THIS PLACE is a nice place to stay....

5abaef65_z.jpg

OP Colorado, specifically Craig, and Meeker and other towns are very welcoming to elk hunters.

When it comes to truck break ins, a few do get hit every year across the west. Probably less than 2%.

If you don't have a bunch of Hunting stickers on your truck, and take your rifle or bow to your room, and park in a well lit visible spot, you will most likely not have a problem.

Check out some of the cool history in and around Meeker

BTW the picture above is from the "Meeker Hotel"

MTA: the 2% rule

The 2% Rule is this:

If a particular negative result has a less than 2% chance of occurring, don’t worry about it. Don’t even think about it. Proceed.
I’ve seen mothers not allow their kids to go on beach field trips because “what if there’s a tsunami???”. I’ve also seen women say, “I have to leave the TV/radio blasting all day! What if there’s a tornado headed straight for my house??? I need to know!!!”

Are those above things possible? Yes, they’re possible. There is indeed a 0.06% chance or 1.2% chance of something like that happening.

Are they likely? No.

Are they even remotely likely? No.

The 2% Rule says if any action has a less than 2% chance of resulting in something horrible, then go for it. You’ll be fine.

Stressing out about things that have a less than a 2% chance of happening to you in real life damages your happiness, raises your stress, restricts your actions, limits your freedom, and makes you sound like a spazoid. Relax. Take a deep breath. It will be fine.

Last edited:

5abaef65_z.jpg

OP Colorado, specifically Craig, and Meeker and other towns are very welcoming to elk hunters.

When it comes to truck break ins, a few do get hit every year across the west. Probably less than 2%.

If you don't have a bunch of Hunting stickers on your truck, and take your rifle or bow to your room, and park in a well lit visible spot, you will most likely not have a problem.

We are hoping to check it out as of now we are planning on getting into to 1 day for sure possibly 2 days before we pack in to see the town, last time we got into town at 3am, slept for 4 hours and packed in, packed out on a Friday afternoon and we had to be back to work in Wisconsin Monday mornning, gonna try to slow things down this time and enjoy more than just the hunt this year. Thank you for the information, and btw I did do a google search and found some reviews, but would much rather hear from guys that were on a hunting trip or a local hunter rather than some lady from a big city that wasn’t happy with the thread count of the sheets and the lack of wine selection. I did look at the meeker hotel and it does look like it will be our choice.

Meeker had some pretty hunter oriented hotels when I was there. Like others said, just don't leave stuff in your truck to be stolen.

My Wife used to spend a lot of time there for work, She much preferred White River Inn over the Meeker Hotel. Plus your truck will be parked directly outside your room.

Always a priority to get a room on the first floor, truck gets emptied into the hotel every night.

From a meeker resident (in no particular order):

White river Inn
Blue Spruce Motel
Meeker Hotel
Elk Mountain Inn
Rustic Lodge

As far as theft, just be wise with what you leave visible. As a resident, most of don’t lock anything (house, car), and theft is almost unheard-of. During hunting season there are thousands of people coming and going, so that adds some insecurity to the mix, however.

There are also the Green Cabins and the Rimrock Campground if you want to camp. The Green Cabins are right on the river and the fishing is darn good n the fall.

5abaef65_z.jpg

I have stayed at the Meeker Hotel. It is a typical small town old hotel but nice enough. Teddy Roosevelt used to stay there. Also allegedly its haunted.

From a meeker resident (in no particular order):

White river Inn
Blue Spruce Motel
Meeker Hotel
Elk Mountain Inn
Rustic Lodge

There are also the Green Cabins and the Rimrock Campground if you want to camp. The Green Cabins are right on the river and the fishing is darn good n the fall.
Stayed at Rimrock Campground for a muley hunt a few years ago. Convenient and Pat was a great host with good local information...

5abaef65_z.jpg

What are some recommendations as far as cool history. Wife and I are hunting 2nd rifle. Have a cabin rented for the full season and now that it has been shortened, I figure we will have some sightseeing time.

Definitely check out the Meeker Hotel. Lots of neat stuff if you are driving in on I-70. Glenwood Springs has a bunch of stuff. Dinosaur Monument is reasonably close. Some cool wide open country north and west of Meeker.

anybody know of a hotel in or near meeker Colorado? Heading there this September looking to get a good nights sleep before we go in, but have heard horror stories about people staying at hotel and trucks are broke into in the mornning?
You're going to need to contact them now. If their annual sheep dog competition and festival is on again this year (COVID cancelled it) you may not find anything. This is an extremely popular event in September! We bow hunt the area and have reservations for our motor home.

https://meekersheepdog.com/

Hey there! Finding a hotel where you can get a good night's sleep and feel safe is definitely a priority. While I don't have specific knowledge about hotels in or near Meeker, I can understand your concern about security.

If you're ever planning a trip to Prague in the future, I can certainly help you with recommendations for hotels there. Hotel Prague offers a variety of options to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.... For your current trip to Meeker, I would suggest checking online reviews or reaching out to local travel forums for recommendations on safe and reliable hotels in the area.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back