NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Hornady LEVERevolution

HighDesertSage

Just wondering what you all think of this ammo? Any experience on game performance? I was thinking about giving it a try this year in my Marlin. I think it was the 160 grains I was looking at. What kind of trajectory can I expect out to 300 yrds with a 20" barrel?

I know its not my 270 or 300 but it would be kind of fun to take the lever gun out next year. Thanks!

What caliber are you talking about. Thia ammo comes in quite a few now. I have had very good accuracy results with it in 30-30, 444M, 450M, and some of the handgun calibers. None at the range you mentioned but have had 3" at 150 yds with Marlin 30-30. Have killed one deer with 444 at abt 125 yds and it fell in its tracks.

I get 1-1.5" groups at 100, I sight it about 2.5-3" high at 100 for a 200 yd zero. I shoot a marlin xlr, I believe it's a 24" barrel. Shot a deer at 150 yds quartering away this year, found the bullet on the opposite side in front of the shoulder, good mushroom, weighed 120gr on retrieval. It was DRT. If memory serves me, how I have my gun sighted in it will be 10" low give or take at 300 yds. It's in 30-30 flavor.

Last edited:
Sorry, I guess the caliber is important. lol I have a 30-30. Thanks for the replies guys. I might pick up a few boxes and try them out. Has any one tried the scopes that match the trajectory?

Travo and I bought 2 boxes for our 444s. Can't say about long range as we bought them for Louisiana's Primitive Weapon hunts. They will Pole Ax a Deer on the spot! LOL John

My son shoots the 44mag rounds out of his handy rifle and has had great result on WTs in both IN and TX.

I tried sighting in my Marlin 336 30-30 with them and sucked. But I had a cheap scope on it that wouldn't hold zero for anything. I need to try it the way a lever gun is meant to be, without a scope. But I consistently hit the big 300 yard plate with them

It shot really well in my .444. My .30-30 didn't like it as much. I thought the .30-30 didn't because it's micro groove, but I guess some guys' micro groove barrels really like them.

I don't have scopes on my marlins so I can't really speak to how it shoots long range.

They load that stuff really hot compared to most lever ammo. They did the same thing before the leverevolution stuff with flat nosed bullets and called it light magnum. I loved that ammo and wish I would've stocked up on it.

I've had good results in my Marlin 30-30 and haven't used any other ammo since shooting my first box. I'd like to try the scope but haven't picked one up yet.

Ive had good results with my 357 Mag Marlin Lever and Ruger 6" GP100. I also bought a couple of boxes for my Remington 141 Pump 35 Remington. Good accuracy, but loading them into that rifle is a PITA for some reason.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back