Caribou Gear

Honey Stingers

mixedbag

Anybody eat these when hunting/hiking ect..I see them on camofire and might try them for something new if you guys give them good review

I used them for cycling and hiking and they are pretty good. I just bought a case over the weekend as they are as close to real food as you can get in endurance nutrition. Really they are just individually packaged stroopwafels that you can buy at a lot of grocery stores 8/$3 in the cookie/cracker section.

Are you talking about the waffles or energy chews? The waffles are great. I've never tried the chews. They are both on camofire right now.

I saw the on Camofire before and looked around and realized I could get a better deal on Amazon after you pay Camofire shipping. And you can get Randy a kickback by accessing Amazon from the ad on here.

I am a big fan of the Honey Stinger Waffles. I eat two of them for breakfast as I ready for my hunting day. No more waiting for water to boil (Oatmeal) and more calories.

I have tried plenty of gels as a runner. Honey Stingers are as good as any others.

Look for StroopWaffles in Dutch communities. That's what the wafers are copying. Fresh ones are awesome.

I live near the Pennsylvania dutch country.Maybe I should stop in one of their stores when I'm working down there

I live near the Pennsylvania dutch country.Maybe I should stop in one of their stores when I'm working down there

Not the same Dutch. PA Dutch is an American bastardization of Pennsylvania Deutsch, aka German, generally referring to the German immigrants like the Amish seeking religious freedoms here in America.

Our waffle loving friends are from the Netherlands and Belgium.

Ok don't have any communities like that around here.Wondering why I've never heard of them cause I go eat in Pa dutch country alot

Easy enough to order on Amazon or buy 'em at WalMart. I can like them and think they may become a part of my hunt trip menu!

I bought some in the grocery section of a bigger Target a few weeks ago. They aren't as uncommon as you would think.

I bought them once. Didn't care from them all that much. They were ok, but I found myself eating other foods more often.

If you're talking about the waffles, I don't think they are much different than a carmel cookie waffle. Costco sells the cookie waffles (not honey stingers) in a huge case for very little $$.

a honey stinger sandwich with a small pack of Justin's honey peanut butter makes a mighty fine mid-morning snack for me. Don't expect them to be super sweet though... which is a plus for me.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back