Home Made Drift Boat

Amazing beauty in wood. I hope she fishes as nice as she looks.

@shrapnel or anyone else who knows, what is the purpose of the "knobs" in front of the fore and aft seats? In the aft section, these knobs sit on top of the curved plywood, with the cup holders in the base.

@shrapnel or anyone else who knows, what is the purpose of the "knobs" in front of the fore and aft seats? In the aft section, these knobs sit on top of the curved plywood, with the cup holders in the base.
Hip holders to keep a guy from tumbling into the drink??

Either referred to as knee locks or casting braces, they help stabilize a fisherman when he is standing up and casting as the boat is floating downstream.

You lock your knees in there, between the knobs” while your dad bangs the boat down through a big set of rapids as you fight a huge steelhead.:)

The only question I have is - will it float?

Just kidding - that's a beautiful boat for sure. Wish I had that kind of talent.

A friend has been working on a drift boat for nearly 3 years. He bought the plans (plans only, not a kit!) from a local guy and started cutting plywood and making forms to bend the plywood into shape.

Everything on this boat is hand made and pictures don’t do it justice on how well this boat is put together...

View attachment 197081View attachment 197082View attachment 197083View attachment 197084View attachment 197085View attachment 197086View attachment 197087
That's spectacular!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back