Home for all HOOSIERS!!!

SFC B

I have noticed quite a few of us running through the pages of Hunttalk and thought this would be a place round up all that Indiana goodness!! I will start off with my Hoosier details. I was born in Indy but moved all around the country as a boy once my parents divorced. Mom passed and that brought me back to the INDPLS Eastside to live with pops. Went off to BSU and then back to the Westside until the Army took me around the world and eventually to CO. The wife's family is in Warsaw and that is where we go back to when we visit. I did have permission to hunt 2 different spots (one outside Warsaw and one near Ashley) but they have both been leased :( I am hoping to find a way to hunt gun season at home again some day soon. I have yet to be able to use a rifle in IN and would love to give it a shot :) Welcome and I can't wait to hear all the stories and issues of home.

Reactions: LCH
Born and raised in Gibson Co (just north of Evansville). Went to college in Crawfordsville. Lived in No. Utah for about a decade, then back to IN in Noblesville for about a decade. Now back home in Gibson Co living in the house I grew up in. I have a cabin and 95ac in Crawford Co where I do the bulk of my deer hunting. Wish I owned ground closer to home, but land is cheaper in Crawford and having public land as your neighbor makes it seem much larger than it really is.

I've never lived anywhere but Lawrence County, Indiana. Commuted back/forth to IU, got married when I was 20, have 2 kids. 32 now, just bought a new place this spring with a little acreage and an old farmhouse we're fixing up. I'm a civilian employee at a DOD facility about 2 miles from my new place, but about a 20 minute drive to my building.

I frequently visit Carmel to see our Niece and Nephew. I've been trying to scope out ice fishing and duck hunting spots but always end up overwhelmed with the amount of people! You guys have a cool state!

When I think of hoosiers, outside of the movie, I think of the General
giphy.gif

North central part of the state, Cass county native born and raised. Dad's family is from Madison area, Mom's was in Indianapolis. Some of the Madison folks migrated up here with railroad jobs and eventually settled. Great grandpa had a tavern in town that was shut down by prohibition, so they moved out to the farm. My grandma and her sister were raised here and we eventually purchased the farm and have been living here for 30 years.

Kids are raised and gone, we're both retired, so I just do farm work, hunt, fish and play around.

And this is Boilermaker country around here, we don't care much for the Hoosiers ...... unless they're in the tourney and we aren't :p

Cass county here also, all but for 5 years in the Navy. Retired, drawing pension from one job working on the second one. Still hunt the family farms I grew up on.

Back