http://hogwalla.com/faq/

hog-hunt-e.png

hog-hunt-c.png

hug-hunt-b.png

hog-hunt.png

What do you think?
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Down

The price of $350 per hunter per day, including lodging and unlimited hogs, is pretty comparable to what I see in Texas. I didn’t see any mention of feeders, so ask them if their blinds have feeders and how often they go off. Do the feeders have lights for night hunts? It was also a little concerning that the ad said you’d be “still hunting” from a blind — that isn’t what still hunting means. Ask about whether you need to stay in the blind until you’re picked up. Ask what times the ATV transportation drops you off and picks you up. Ask for recent hunters you can contact.

Can anyone recommend a hunt in Texas?
I have been looking there too, but they all sound like "High Fence" hunts.
Buy the pig first then shoot it...

If you want a "real pig hunt", try some public land down in the SE somewhere. It's a real hunt, not a gimme by any means, but the hogs are there and opportunities exist with some research.

HUMMM Fat fingers and no way to edit sorry.
Thanks.
I have lived in MT for 70 years and never been out of the state 'sept 3 weeks in AK, fishing. I have NO IDEA "some public land down in the SE somewhere." would be? A little better direction, please.

Thanks.
I have lived in MT for 70 years and never been out of the state 'sept 3 weeks in AK, fishing. I have NO IDEA
I've been probably 10 times now to various spots in various states, sometimes I've killed sometimes I haven't, but all have had hogs. Extending the trip from a long weekend to a week really helps, as I tend to spend the first couple days just marking spots off the map and figuring out what areas the hogs are using.

Nothing wrong with using an outfitter though, just not necessary IMO unless you need a kill-guarantee or need help getting around. Good luck.

A real pig hunt? Fla. Public land WMA.
$27 for a usage permit, no license required if you only hunt hogs.

Season and weapon regs vary depending on unit, check this.

Almost 80 Sq. Miles on some WMA's. Pigs are there but you have to hunt them. This is hard challenging hunting in an amazing ecosystem, way different from Pa. woods.

A great option for super cheap NR hunting.

Harrier makes points i wish I thought about before paying alot of money to hunt Texas one year. I felt like slapping the punk ass guide who didn't give a rip.
Soured me on Texas ....
Do your homework....get references from hunters.

It was also a little concerning that the ad said you’d be “still hunting” from a blind — that isn’t what still hunting means.
All my life I thought still hunting meant 'sitting still and hunting', not 'moving around and hunting'. Everybody I've ever know refers to tree stand hunting as still hunting. That was the only question I got wrong in my hunters safety class and I'm still pissed off about it.

Harrier makes points i wish I thought about before paying alot of money to hunt Texas one year. I felt like slapping the punk ass guide who didn't give a rip.
Soured me on Texas ....
Do your homework....get references from hunters.
Fly in to San Antonio and then it’s 2 hours south +/-
https://www.ybarranch.com/about,
I know lot of ranches that do hog and nilgai hunts , most hunting is done sitting in a blind .
some places use a night vision scope as the really big trophies are nocturnal ,

sorry Hem had a rough trip down here, 99% of us Texan are not
jackass’s , though it sounds like two met when hem came ;);)
its a long trip just for hogs, Tilden is close to lake choke canyon
so look @ doing a meat haul catfish trip one day or maybe a turkey hunt. A redfish and trout trip Marcus does both fishing and hogs turkeys
need any help please let me know

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back