Caribou Gear Tarp

Hog hunting finally paid off!!!

F--cking Crazy To Hunt Bare Handed

After seeing them tusks, I wouldn't hunt them bare handed. They could bite you arm right off. I enojoy my arms to much.

Bevan

i hunt them bare handed. you need good dogs and a group that works well together. last week we got 2 the wind was so bad that we couldnt here the curs. we are headed back this weekend i hope we will do better.if you have to use a rimfire try head shots behind the ear.this wouldnt be my first choice but if you are forced to use a rimfire that would be the best shot.

The only reason I stated such is that I've been chased by a hog while out and about. Them piggies are mean.

Yes them piggies are. They probably wouldn't be hard to manuver around just one but if there were several I don't know what I would do.

My $0.02 .

If you're going to run 'em down and stick 'em. Get a K-Bar. A Buck 101 just isn't going to do it properly.

My dream rifle (close up) would be a 35 Rem. Under-rated. I had one once, but traded it for a Jon-boat. A Marlin 336. Just hated the size of the lever, too tight for gloves in COLD weather, heavy, and that d@#m cross bolt saftey! Loved to cartridge though. Can't understand why so few rifle are available with it? (Anybody got a Rem 600 ?)

I'll just keep using my Ruger 96 44mag till then...........

Longer range? No Mags needed. Bullet construction is more important. Comprimise. Little piggy, heavy/ stout bullet, bad. Big Piggy, light/ soft bullet, Bad!

Actually, I think they give it up easier than whitetails do, IF you get it into the vitals! Just gotta punch that shoulder shield , and then, only if they're over 200#.

larger caliber

I would love to use something larger but the Millitary base we hunt on only allows me to use rim fire .22 caliber.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back