Caribou Gear Tarp

Hog hunting finally paid off!!!

Hunt2921

We went Saturday morning. We stopped an got coffee and then we were on our way to the woods. We talked about how many times we've been hog hunting just this year and haven't had any luck yet. We were saying we really only have about a 3% chance at seeing a hog today. We had decided that we were mostly just scouting for next years deer season and getting some exercise.
We pull up to the spot and start walking our first stop is a pond that we had seen hog sign around before. Sure enough there was a new waller in the pond, put there just that week some time, so we new there was hogs around there. We walked about 1-1/2 miles and desided to start back toward the road. We were on the last ridge when Jason yelled I see something. I started that way, just as I started down the hill he shot, I heard the Hog swall and start running up the hill. I start moving faster toward Jason and I finally could see Jason. He turned around and started running up the hill and yelled "Bevan help I've got a hog down here." His face looked like someone from the blare witch project. He was scared shitless. :D The hog ran toward him and got as Jason said " 1 step away from Shitting a over my self." The hog turned and ran straight away, Jason turned an got 2 more shots. It was to thick for me to be able to see anything.
After Jason checked his shorts, we started blood trailing. There wasn't much blood and it was some thick crap we were walking through. I decided to run up to the road and make sure the hog didn't cross the road. I got to the road and didn't see any sign of him crossing so I started back into the woods toward Jason. I knew the hog had to be between us. About 2 min. later I heard Jason shoot. I started running toward him. The hog had hit the field and was getting away. So I leveled down on the hog and unloaded my 10/22 on him, I reloaded and unloaded another clip into the hog. He finally slowed and had a broken back leg and a broken back.
What a great day in our hunting book. We've had several trips hunting for these hogs and it finally paid off. It was a rush and a great deal of excitement. I was using a Rugur 10/22 and Jason had a Savage 22 mag.

50 rounds 22 shells-$1.29
2 cups of [email protected]
1 wild hog-$45.00(meat process fee)

1 scared shitless look on a friends face as he cries out for help.--(Priceless!!)

maybe better

maybe better

Attachments

• hog back of truck 2.jpg
    hog back of truck 2.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 213
  • jason & hog in the field.jpg
    jason & hog in the field.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 210
Maybe better

Probably better

Attachments

• HOG TUSKS.jpg
    HOG TUSKS.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 202
  • bevan & jason in the field.jpg
    bevan & jason in the field.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 202
I'm not sure what that first picture is but if My wife has looked like that the first time I would have left her, haybe you should do the same ?

Seriously though, Congrats on the hog !!!

SooooooooooWeeeeeeeeeee! Nice man, great hog. All that time in the woods finally paid off. Nice!!!!!!!!

pictures

More pictures some of them don't do the hog justice. It weighed 125lbs field dressed and I know we pulled out atleast 50 lbs in guts. They stunk too.

:D

PS. If you can't kill deer this time of year go hog hunting!!! :)

Attachments

• Hog back truck 1.jpg
    Hog back truck 1.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 187
  • BEVAN & JASON BACK TRUCK.jpg
    BEVAN & JASON BACK TRUCK.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 179
Way to go 2921...they are not that easy to spot & take. Them stanky ugly bastages are good eating slow smoked.
Nice pics. Think you're makin' big brother jealous. :D

Moosie]I'm not sure what that first picture is but if My wife has looked like that the first time I would have left her, haybe you should do the same ?

Moosie, no kiddin' LMMFHAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you make a copy of the picture 640*480 with a picture editor, it fits in one screen. Nice hog, nice smile, keep it up! Congratulations!

It is about time that you got something man. I can't be having you on my team if you aint gettener done!! ;)

You would'nt have that much of problem if you used a proper caliber. 22 is a squirrel gun. Shotgun with slugs or a 30/30 and up. Nice hogs.

Jingow said:
You would'nt have that much of problem if you used a proper caliber. 22 is a squirrel gun. Shotgun with slugs or a 30/30 and up. Nice hogs.

He knows that, but the base that he was hunting in doesn't allow anything but archery, and rimfires. If it wasn't for that he would have been using a proper caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back