Hog hunting finally paid off!!!

F--cking Crazy To Hunt Bare Handed

After seeing them tusks, I wouldn't hunt them bare handed. They could bite you arm right off. I enojoy my arms to much.

Bevan

i hunt them bare handed. you need good dogs and a group that works well together. last week we got 2 the wind was so bad that we couldnt here the curs. we are headed back this weekend i hope we will do better.if you have to use a rimfire try head shots behind the ear.this wouldnt be my first choice but if you are forced to use a rimfire that would be the best shot.

The only reason I stated such is that I've been chased by a hog while out and about. Them piggies are mean.

Yes them piggies are. They probably wouldn't be hard to manuver around just one but if there were several I don't know what I would do.

My $0.02 .

If you're going to run 'em down and stick 'em. Get a K-Bar. A Buck 101 just isn't going to do it properly.

My dream rifle (close up) would be a 35 Rem. Under-rated. I had one once, but traded it for a Jon-boat. A Marlin 336. Just hated the size of the lever, too tight for gloves in COLD weather, heavy, and that d@#m cross bolt saftey! Loved to cartridge though. Can't understand why so few rifle are available with it? (Anybody got a Rem 600 ?)

I'll just keep using my Ruger 96 44mag till then...........

Longer range? No Mags needed. Bullet construction is more important. Comprimise. Little piggy, heavy/ stout bullet, bad. Big Piggy, light/ soft bullet, Bad!

Actually, I think they give it up easier than whitetails do, IF you get it into the vitals! Just gotta punch that shoulder shield , and then, only if they're over 200#.

larger caliber

I would love to use something larger but the Millitary base we hunt on only allows me to use rim fire .22 caliber.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back