Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hobbies other than hunting?

Being an outdoorsman in Idaho is a full time job! I believe some type of hunting season is open except for the month of July. There's fish to be caught in high mountain lakes during the summer, mushrooms to be picked and new ridges to be hiked just to see what's out there.

Photography, cycling, cooking, and the hunting blog/youtube channel I started take up most of my hobby time I am not actively in the field hunting.

vMmoZqim.jpg

ta9SzwSm.jpg

vuyx97Sl.jpg
]

My hobbies outside of hunting vary by season. Late spring it is getting the crops in; there is something therapeutic about riding a tractor all day long. My son is 9 now so I have to fight him for seat time. Once the crops are in the entire family spends many hours on dirtbikes, we ride together during the week and most weekends. The wife and daughter have horses so it works out well - they ride their steeds and my son and I head to the track on ours every other weekend or so. Other than that I like to start my day with running and end it with reading.

Just published my first novel (murder mystery) on Amazon - check out "A Bad Day Fishing."

Music - sing/play guitar at open mic every Wednesday evening. Hiking is big. I'd fish for winter steelhead if it was any good. Birding,writing, fishing for anything.

I have too many. I'm into atvs n snogos. We built our cabin so going out there n hang out is fun. We homeschooled n now help raise our grandkids so animal husbandry is also important. We raise meat rabbits and have a big garden n greenhouse. I'm also into hot rods. I like my 79 El Camino n 76 f-250 highboy. We have several old tractors. I really enjoy fishing. Salmon, halibut on the ocean or remote rivers. Or just chilling with our grandson in the lake boat.
Training our chessy to hunt moose antlers, or just cruising the bush in the spring looking for antlers, foraging for fiddleheads or morals. Taking time to teach our grandkids gun safety, we can shoot bbs n pellets off the back porch n we like shooting guns.
Daughter is a pro welder so wanting to get into making sculptures n such.
Heck I'm swamped. And still trying to fit in building a new retirement home this summer. And still have over a thousand pounds of freight to get to the cabin. If the rivers are still frozen. May have to skip a few. Makes my beautiful wife nervous.
I'm not sure if these are hobbies or just something that I feel I have to do. Either way I'm cool man, I'm getting out into the bush n having a ball sharing it with my family.
This cabin turned into the hobby of a lifetime all by itself. But sure glad we had the opportunity and the drive to get it done. It has the the ability to get back to a different place. Just me n the world, well me n my family

Attachments

• 09E7C847-A67E-4254-84C1-CD839F855A40.jpeg
    09E7C847-A67E-4254-84C1-CD839F855A40.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2D7E74F8-2755-47C2-BCEC-580518FA238D.jpeg
    2D7E74F8-2755-47C2-BCEC-580518FA238D.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 6
I have too many. I'm into atvs n snogos. We built our cabin so going out there n hang out is fun. We homeschooled n now help raise our grandkids so animal husbandry is also important. We raise meat rabbits and have a big garden n greenhouse. I'm also into hot rods. I like my 79 El Camino n 76 f-250 highboy. We have several old tractors. I really enjoy fishing. Salmon, halibut on the ocean or remote rivers. Or just chilling with our grandson in the lake boat.
Training our chessy to hunt moose antlers, or just cruising the bush in the spring looking for antlers, foraging for fiddleheads or morals. Taking time to teach our grandkids gun safety, we can shoot bbs n pellets off the back porch n we like shooting guns.
Daughter is a pro welder so wanting to get into making sculptures n such.
Heck I'm swamped. And still trying to fit in building a new retirement home this summer. And still have over a thousand pounds of freight to get to the cabin. If the rivers are still frozen. May have to skip a few. Makes my beautiful wife nervous.
I'm not sure if these are hobbies or just something that I feel I have to do. Either way I'm cool man, I'm getting out into the bush n having a ball sharing it with my family.
This cabin turned into the hobby of a lifetime all by itself. But sure glad we had the opportunity and the drive to get it done. It has the the ability to get back to a different place. Just me n the world, well me n my family
Very envious of you! Sure wish I could take some time and visit! I've done ALMOST everything in Alaska (well, not really...) but getting out remote like that is still on my list.

I added 100 apple trees to my hunting property. 32 are fenced in and growing on trellis wires. I need to spend a full or 2 days pruning this weekend. Keeps me busy all year, too busy and I question my decisions a lot these days.

I love to shooting outdoor 3D archery tournaments. I'm also addicted to tournament Bass fishing....... with the price of gas though. I'm not doing any tournament this Summer

I added 100 apple trees to my hunting property. 32 are fenced in and growing on trellis wires. I need to spend a full or 2 days pruning this weekend. Keeps me busy all year, too busy and I question my decisions a lot these days.

Start calling you Johnny!

Lotsa variety keeps it interesting here. Fishing, sewing, gardening, learning ArcGIS, community organizing (for a bike lane for my new e-bike), woodworking, hiking, camping, beadwork, photography/videography, writing, conservation work. Sometimes I cook & clean the house.

I spend much of my free time as a taxi service, Gatorade holder, cheerleader, semi pro ankle, finger, knee, shoulder taper, folding lawn chair sitter. I really love football, baseball, soccer, dance, basketball, volleyball, softball, swimming, and apparently soon to really love lacrosse as well. I get the privilege of eating dinner before 9, at least one time a week😳

I am good at a lot of things outside of hunting; but the time and passion is really only reserved for hunting at this point.

I run and go to the gym everyday - but that’s so I’m in good shape for hunting. I overland - so my truck is setup right for hunting season. Fishing is a nice pastime but a lot of my free time is hunting / prep / practice.

I like to fish, not very good at it. Reloading, knife making, welding/metal working, my wife and I are getting into a local 22 rifle NRL club. My wife always supports my hobbies and even better she is my hunting buddy.

Checking out the chicks and growing fruit....never mind. That was before, when I had 100 trees, a garden and a SO.
I have a dozen trees struggling to grow in NM now and I rarely see any chicks anymore.
I do see a lot of cows and calves, elk that is. This place is cattle free now.

Back