Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

hey BuzzH

AzSlim

I got your number, only took a few days on this site to figure it out. Your in the 'sitting on the porch stage'.

> On the first day, God created the dog and said: "Sit all day by the door
>of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I
>will give you a life span of twenty years."
>
> The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten
>years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
>
> So God agreed.
> On the second day, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people,
>do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life
>span."
>
> The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long
>time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?"
>
> And God agreed.
> On the third day, God created the cow and said: "You must go into the
>field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves
>and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a
>life span of sixty years."
>
> The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty
>years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
>
> And God agreed again.
> On the fourth day, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry
>and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
>
> But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty,
>the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the
>dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
>
> "Okay," said God, "You asked for it."
> So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy
>ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our
>family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the
>grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and
>bark at everyone.
>
> Life has now been explained to you.

Hey slimmy,

Yep, you've got it all figured out.

I rarely spend any time in the outdoors...just sit at home on the porch.

The couple days I had to get off the porch in September for Wyoming antelope went well.

WY antelope that I helped my Dad and Brother with:

IMG_0405_1_1.JPG

IMG_0410_2_1.JPG

My antelope:

IMG_0470_2_1.JPG

My wifes antelope:

IMG_0497_1_1.JPG

In October, I once again managed to fall off the porch for mule deer and elk in Wyoming:

My buddy Doug and I with his mule deer buck.

IMG_0583_4_1_1.JPG

My mule deer a couple days later:

IMG_0606_3_1.JPG

My work partner called in sick one day...so I had a couple hours to get off the porch again...

IMG_0665_4_1.JPG

The next weekend, thought I'd give WY elk a try and while taking a nap thinking I was on the porch...this bull woke me from my slumber...

IMG_0648_1_1.JPG

Next, since Dad had a sheep tag...and there was snow on my porch in Laramie...thought I'd give him a hand with his sheep in MT.

IMG_0744.JPG

With a week or so left in the MT season...thought I'd spend my time off the porch in style chasing whitetails and hunting with friends and family:

My brother Matts whitetail:

IMG_0809_1_1.JPG

My buddy Case and I with his WT:

IMG_0855_3_1.JPG

My buddy Case, his Dad and I with his WT:

IMG_0875_4_1.JPG

Dad, Matt and I with Dads WT:

IMG_0878_2_1.JPG

My Montana WT buck:

IMG_0840_6_1.JPG

Finally, in mid-December I struggled from the porch for my last hunt of 2005.

I wish I would have brought my porch with me, as the weather in AZ was perfect for porch-sitting:

Instead I shot a coues deer:

IMG_0893_2_1.JPG

AzSlim,

Don't mistake Buzz' tone. Deep down he is thanking you. After all, its been at least a whole week since he's had to pull out pictures to prove that HE IS THE MUTHA F#%&ING MAN!!!
I'm starting to think he likes it.

jmcd,

What are you babbling about?

I had a pretty average season, I've hunted more in years past.

I just wanted to make sure that I did leave the porch once or twice this year. I'm sure AZslim, being the hot-shot guide he is, spent many more days afield than I did.

Real average...I've done much better. Matter of fact, I did better in 2004.

1995 was much better as well...I doubt I'll ever top that year...my best black bear, 148 whitetail, whitetail doe, shiras bull moose, 14 1/2 inch antelope, 5 point bull elk, mule deer doe, a couple antelope does, and a record book white sheep.

I wasn't talking about your hunting skills. I havw no idea what type of hunter you are, just like you don't know anything about me. I was talking about how you attack someone - barking (these young whippersnappers don't know anything, I'm the only one that has any sense about the outdoors because I am an old fart) - without knowing what type of hunter they are. You don't know me or anything about me or my background, yet you jumped on me because my family & I would rather eat elk or deer than antelope. With one set of grandparents that owned 2500 acres of deeded ground on one side and the other side Shoshone on the Wind River Rez - where I started taking deer and elk when I was 8 and we could get as many as we wanted then - you jump on me because we didn't like antelope. BFD, I don't like goose or duck either - what do you have to say about that. If I don't like the meat of an animal I am not going to hunt it. I also don't like frozen fish, so I only keep what I will eat that night or the next morning - does that make me a poor fisherman. You made up your mind how AZGFD did their draw based on one sentence - no more than 10% will go to NR's. Do you live here, do you know how the draw works? I have taught Hunter Ed here for 7 years and have to explain the draw several times every year so I may have a little more into than you. You have been belligerent and ignorant to me since I signed on this site and I am not sure why - hey it wasn't me that pissed in your Cheerio's.....

....yet another fan club convert.:rolleyes: Buzz, you ever consider sueing the charm school you attended?:D

Don't know the details of the squabble. Don't care.

Buzz, I've seen most of the pics before but I still liked them. All fine animals, but that sheep of you Dad's is awesome. I hadn't seen the 2 doe picture, and noticed the dog. Is it a Jack?

I envy anyone that can get together and go hunting with their Dad. Hopefully I have one or two of those remaining. Or what would be really cool is in a couple years I can take my son out with my Dad.

AZslim,

I find it pretty entertaining that I know more about YOUR draw system in AZ than you do. Its equally amazing that a GUIDE and a hunter ed instructor wouldnt know how the draw works in the state they guide and instruct in...unbelievable.

If you're as good as the guy I took hunters ed from in AZ a couple years ago in Prescott...I'd say your hunters ed needs some serious work.

I had to correct the guy several times in an 8 hour course on AZ REGULATIONS and FEDERAL REGULATIONS.

Not to mention that that the dumbass made quality statements like, "don't ever shoot an elk where you cant drive to it"...and "the feds really don't want you hunting wilderness areas"...Top notch instructor, I tell you what. I took it for the bonus point. I went to lunch with a couple guys from California that were great guys though, so it wasnt a total waste. They both asked me why I wasnt teaching the class as it was pretty apparent I knew more than the instructor.

Maybe you were the one that taught the class I took...I doubt it though as AZslim surely wouldnt fit....

Also, I dont care if you like antelope or not...I just questioned your "logic" on antelope only being good if they were shot in a bed...total B.S. and thats a fact. Statements like that rank right up there with the feds not wanting people hunting wilderness areas...

T-bone,

Yep, that would be a JRT, she likes to hunt and ride in the truck.

I tell you whats funny, I absolutely laugh at myself when I pretend to not be a yuppie while driving around in my wifes subaru outback sipping a starbucks mocha with a Jack Russel Terrier in the passenger seat...funny stuff.

Back