hey az402

Delw

went up to unit 9 yesterday with the kids to play in the snow and do some yote hunting.

while were were doing some scouting we ran into a big herd of deer( biggest I have seen up there).
the one buck still had a rack on and was chasing doe's he was probally 26-28" and very massive.
he was in the desert section of the unit off the power line road.

we saw about 80 elk one looked like it had 12" nubs on it

did the elk drop and the bucks are still in rut? or was this just a deformed elk?
have you been up there lately?

I have never seen that many deer in that west part of unit 9 in years, they were easy to pick out in the snow thats for sure. seemed like every time we turned around we saw more deer.

Oh yeah, do you know a guy named Jason ferguson? I know him from somewhere just cant remember where, he lives in williams.

Delw

Sounds like fun, I'll be trying to get up there later this week. Usually this is the time of the year to see deer out there. I spent months in there this year from July thru Oct and saw very,very few deer.

The mature bulls started to drop in mid Feb, so it's very possible there is already as much growth as you saw. As far as the muleys rutting it's seems pretty late but this has been a strange year.

Off the top of my head I cant say I know Jason Ferguson. If I can get out I'll let you know what I see or find...............

I am going to try to get back up sunday if the truck gets out of the body shop, other wise I am going to go with another buddy.

Jason bumped into me up in williams litterally thats how I met him ;)

Delw

I'm shooting for Thursday, there are a few bulls that'd I like to find the sheds off of. I usually like to go during the week so I don't have to deal with to many people. Bummer about the truck, was it the new one???

Yeah it was the new one, body shop figures 2-3 weeks now since they saw it LOL

Theres about 20 elk right in the flat where dani shot her lope south of red butte , there was a ton of them over where we saw the big lope on the nroth side of the hill both on the west and east side of the tracks.

we also saw 5 where dani saw that huge bull on the west side of the hill, we was hoping to get back there to see if we could find sheds but the snow was too deep.

Thats howard hill right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back