Here we go again.

Rainer

So i saw this pop up on the facebook last night. Well get ready for the anti's to jump all over this Bowmarisk clip, it just more fuel for their fire 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Never understand the need to video hunts, especially ones that will be controversial, unless its for your own keep sake and not to be shared. Unless it is your business ( I.E. Randy). Maybe its just me but I have never videod any of my hunts and I am very careful on pictures. If I am going to share I want to be be tasteful. I have yet to loose any memory of any animal I have taken. I write in a journal the facts, keep the empty brass and for me that's enough.

Idk, doesnt bother me been happening for 1,000's of years. Is sticking an animal with a spear less humane?
Some might argue that it's less humane since it may take longer to die than other methods. I'm not even against doing it as long as it's legal but I will say those not fully committed to supporting hunting would view that differently than archery or rifle.

''Only cowards would shoot a defenseless animal from long range with a high powered rifle and scope. Get up close and kill them with bows, rocks or spears, if you're going to hunt.''
-an anti hunter that probably hates this video (maybe)

''Only cowards would shoot a defenseless animal from long range with a high powered rifle and scope. Get up close and kill them with bows, rocks or spears, if you're going to hunt.''
dont laugh, we have heard "it is NOT fair chase if we are the only one with a gun "

I was asked and I have no idea where or when this video was shot. Not legally in Nunavut or Greenland. I think, but am not sure, it is still legal in Alaska, but members from Alaska will know. It could also be Norway, Russia or Sweden, dont know. They are hunted with a bow in Nunavut and Greenland. They are not a hard hunt.

The way its not really running away seem weird to me. I have watched videos of people like Tim Wells spear pigs and other game in Texas and its fine with me. The animals don't make it very far with a huge blade through their heart.

People are just uncomfortable with death.

Too far removed isn't ok, long range shooting, drones (military), but then people cringe when it's face to face.

It's true even in movies, if you think about it.

Seems like 10-15 yards is great, vary from that people have an issue.

People are just uncomfortable with death.

Too far removed isn't ok, long range shooting, drones (military), but then people cringe when it's face to face.

It's true even in movies, if you think about it.

Seems like 10-15 yards is great, vary from that people have an issue.
I wonder if any of them has seen a steer or pig killed at a processor. Definitely quicker but very up close and personal.

I wonder if any of them has seen a steer or pig killed at a processor. Definitely quicker but very up close and personal.
I know a lot of people that hunt that feel very uncomfortable about the idea of hunting a pig with a dog and a knife.

I know a lot of people that hunt that feel very uncomfortable about the idea of hunting a pig with a dog and a knife.
I always find that interesting. I'll hunt and kill, but only on my terms. If it makes me uncomfortable, it's not ok. Killing ain't always pretty. It's almost like some that hunt have to be coddled some to make it alright. mtmuley

dont laugh, we have heard "it is NOT fair chase if we are the only one with a gun "

I was asked and I have no idea where or when this video was shot. Not legally in Nunavut or Greenland. I think, but am not sure, it is still legal in Alaska, but members from Alaska will know. It could also be Norway, Russia or Sweden, dont know. They are hunted with a bow in Nunavut and Greenland. They are not a hard hunt.
It was Nunivak island here in AK, very recent.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back