Henry's last hurrah for the year

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Awesome pictures, always a good time chasing chukar as they are never easy.

+1 on the Garmin collars. We started using one this season on a buddies draaht and it's worth every penny. It's pretty dang accurate to within 10-20 feet of where the dog is.

WV,

Lol, you guys should come visit. Henry like friends.

Thanks for the kind words all. It has been fun sharing Henry's first year in the field.

You'll notice that Henry has a Garmin GPS collar. I contemplated long and hard on this. I am a cheap bastard, but I like good gear. Not always an easy conflict to settle here.

I debated about going the beeper collar route, but in the end decide to spring the extra few hundred bucks and get the Astro. I absolutely love it! I have always found beepers kind of obnoxious, and enjoy my silence when I'm hunting. However, it is pretty common that I lose sight of Henry and would have no idea where he is without the GPS.

Several times this year I got an alert telling me he was on point, and had to use the GPS to find him. There he would be, locked up on point holding the birds. If you can afford it, buy one. I really don't think you'll regret it.

Oh how I wish I could come hunt. I wish I could find a decent place around here to take Buster.

If you ever get the inkling for a road trip shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out. Lots of good bird hunting in WA, MT, ID, and OR.

chukars are a hard bird to hit. spend some time at your local sporting range practicing shots. Even after the season is over, take the pup out and get him on birds and just practice positioning. I love your scenery shots, makes me miss chukar hunting the Snake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back