Caribou Gear

HELP! Stone Glacier Sky 5900 backpack buckle fell off.

COrookie

I'm solo hunting elk, the season starts Saturday. I've scouted the area previously and have a 5 mile hike in everyday to my area. I just got camp set up and started packing for a scouting day tomorrow and noticed the male piece to the waist strap is missing. When I bought the bag it was there, when I packed the bag 3 days ago, it was there. I tried it on each time and it was there. I have no idea how the strap got loose causing the buckle to fall off. It's been in my truck the entire time since this morning even as I was getting it ready for tomorrow. Definitely not in the truck and can't find it outside the truck. I didn't notice until I was gonna try it on. Without losing my entire scouting day tomorrow to drive home and see if it fell off at home (I have no clue if it's there), what's a good solution to this. What's a good knot that I can tie it on to my waist nice and tight while hiking? As it goes right now it's essentially useless especially if I get an elk down, I'll have no way to carry gear in or carry meat out. Pics attached. My first elk hunt btw lol luckily I have a bit of service at camp which is the grace of God so I can post this and potentially get my brother to check my apartment and maybe meet him half way tomorrow if it's there.

Attachments

• 20211014_181038.jpg
    20211014_181038.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 20211014_181038.jpg
    20211014_181038.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20211014_181051.jpg
    20211014_181051.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Any backpacking store should have a replacement.
I called their saying they don't have the size I need. I figured out a decent way to tie it off my taking the female part off. I can at least scout alittle more tomorrow and I'll just drive into town and if I can't find one oh well. Still hoping for an elk down ill just have to make the leads a little lighter. It'll all work out.

Para cord or three mm guy line cord from my kill kit could get that fixed to carry out the hunt

Lots of weird shortages these days. I just got a SG SKY5900 week before. Looking forward to using it during deer season in Penna to break it in. Hopefully I'll get a tag for Mointana come this April.

I'm solo hunting elk, the season starts Saturday. I've scouted the area previously and have a 5 mile hike in everyday to my area. I just got camp set up and started packing for a scouting day tomorrow and noticed the male piece to the waist strap is missing. When I bought the bag it was there, when I packed the bag 3 days ago, it was there. I tried it on each time and it was there. I have no idea how the strap got loose causing the buckle to fall off. It's been in my truck the entire time since this morning even as I was getting it ready for tomorrow. Definitely not in the truck and can't find it outside the truck. I didn't notice until I was gonna try it on. Without losing my entire scouting day tomorrow to drive home and see if it fell off at home (I have no clue if it's there), what's a good solution to this. What's a good knot that I can tie it on to my waist nice and tight while hiking? As it goes right now it's essentially useless especially if I get an elk down, I'll have no way to carry gear in or carry meat out. Pics attached. My first elk hunt btw lol luckily I have a bit of service at camp which is the grace of God so I can post this and potentially get my brother to check my apartment and maybe meet him half way tomorrow if it's there.
Ditch the plastic buckle and get an AustriAlpin COBRA quick release buckle. That was the first thing that I did before I even went hunting. It seemed to be the first logical thing to fail. They are heavy duty aluminum and are almost bullet proof.

blacksheep

Back