Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Help me spend Wyoming points

TheTone

Alright I’ve got 12 Wyoming elk points I want to cash in this year. Who wants to give me the hot tip or area? Leaning towards type 9 tags as time off in September is way easier for me than October. My list of wants are small no grizzlies, low or no wolf numbers, plenty of bugling bulls, looking for 320 or better bulls or maybe a cool non typical. I’ve got a couple ideas but always open to more ideas. Feel free to PM your secret’s

320 or better?? Plan to share the territory with the grizz if you want to see that consistency. Head to the western part of the state.

type 9 are over bought by NR because they're scared of bears, not because they're better hunting
get a type 1-2 and bow hunt

type 9 are over bought by NR because they're scared of bears, not because they're better hunting
get a type 1-2 and bow hunt
True statement! Just check for your specfic unit as most are but not all type 1-3 tags are valid in units during archery.

320 or better?? Plan to share the territory with the grizz if you want to see that consistency. Head to the western part of the state.
There are many units he could draw without grizz and with that size of bulls. Dare I say any limited entry that he can draw with his points would have that size.

I'll do ya a solid, lets apply together, your 12 points and my 0 will surely give us enough to draw a Gen tag.

I'll protect you from the grizz. Roarrrr
Sorry. I can hunt general elk without grizzlies in Idaho every year. I’m looking for something special

Area 2 only took 11 points in the special last year. No grizzlies or wolves, shit part of the State but you cant have everything

Area 2 only took 11 points in the special last year. No grizzlies or wolves, shit part of the State but you cant have everything
You must be looking at 2021. Area 2 went to general in 2022.

Those that have already sent PM’s you are awesome! Kinda confirming some thoughts I had and giving me a couple new thoughts. Hmmm

Unfortunately 12 points might not even get you a mid tier unit in 2023. It's possible but point creep is terrible and with all the rumored changes potentially in the works I suspect alot of point sitters will be jumping in this year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back