Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hells Canyon Combo

MarvB

We’re looking to book a charter for fishing Hells Canyon this next spring. Our Gang of Four is just about sold on a split smallmouth/sturgeon trip but we are torn on which charter to use for such. Anyone on HT done this previously or have a suggestion?

Hells Canyon Sportfishing does a great job! Jason Schultz is a great guy and his other guides do great also. It is a spectacular trip up that canyon!

Thank man. We’ve talked to a couple of diff outfits; talk of 50+ smallies in a half day plus 2-3 sturgeon hookups in the second half. I’d settle for 50% of that plus some wildlife on the river

Hells Canyon Sportfishing does a great job! Jason Schultz is a great guy and his other guides do great also. It is a spectacular trip up that canyon!
I second this one. Never actually went with him but he has excellent reputation around that area

Appreciate it guys! I love a good river trip, fish or not, and haven’t hooked into some sturgeon since I lived on the Rogue in Gold Beach.... nothing like fighting a dinosaur!

Can't help you with the guides but we contracted a company in 1975 when we inventoried the minerals for the hells canyon recreational area. The mines were long on bats, and rattlers. The shorelines had poison ivy up to 9 ft high.

I tested the gold on every bar and gravel deposit from the dam to the washington border- 93 miles. The contractors caught bass with every cast for 4 months. When they got bored they caught sturgeon. At the mouth of the streams they caught some impressive trout. They even caught some very nice cat fish.

However the most memorable experience was the big rubber raft that floated by with 8 topless beauties. Left you with remarkable dreams for the rest of the 10 day work period.

I haven't done the trip your looking for, but I've fished steelhead/sturgeon with Reel Time out of Clarkston. Had a great time with Jeff on the trip below, this December. Also took my FIL out for steelhead on the Clearwater with Shane, hooked 10, got 8 to the boat, 2 keepers.

After his second fish the FIL admitted that this was the most steelhead he's ever caught in a day, right before he hooked up on his 3rd.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    649.9 KB · Views: 15
Yeah I wouldn’t mind a steelie option at a different time as well... my favorite fish! Largest sturgeons I ever caught was 50” on the Klamath and 44” on the Rogue but has lost some much bigger. Doing a wade out with a six plus footer would be amazing!

We fished smallies and sturgeon in Hell’s Canyon with Jeff Wieber and would recommend him highly. We had a great trip, found a lot of fish and enjoyed our time on the water with him immensely.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back