Hello from TN

Tennessee

A co-worker introduced me to hunting out West last summer. I tagged along for his antelope hunt in Nevada as well as Idaho.

We were also able to obtain some controlled hunt cow tags in Idaho.

After hunting, we fly fished outside of Hailey, ID and then went after smallmouth in Hells Canyon.

Needless to say, I've caught the bug and am ready to go back West...permanently. Trying to find something worthwhile in Idaho, Wyoming, and/or Montana.

I've been in LE since 2011 and prior to that was in the USMC. I've been checking usajobs and government jobs religiously looking for anything in the Idaho area that would allow me to be financially secure.

Boise FD is hiring. A couple towns in Idaho are also hiring lateral police officers. Truthfully, I'm open to anything new or different. Both those areas start at around $50k/year.

I'm kicking myself for obtaining such a narrow-minded degree. I've learned rather quickly how expensive you can make western hunting. Tags, applications, gear, etc.

I've got to figure something out that would allow me to live in Idaho and be able to spend time outdoors and still afford those interests/hobbies. Most of the seasonal jobs with USFWS or BLM pay around $14/hr.

TL/DR: Just turned 30, life is flying by and I want to live in Idaho and hike, hunt, and fish.

Welcome!! I'd say take whatever job you can get and pack your bags. You can find something else when you get out here after a while. You only live once and life doesn't slow down or stop for anything, so move while you're still young enough to get something out of it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back