Hello from Spain!!!

guanche

Hello Friends

I´m Jorge, from Spain, I´m bowhuter and I usually stay all weekends in the Woods, because in Spain there are a lot of differents species and season ;)

I hope that I can learns from yours.

Bests regards

Welcome to the forum. That's a great red stag! Can you hunt stag on public land in spain?

Hello Kiwi,

No, there aren´t public lands!! But you can lease a land for hunt all year and you have "5 tags for red deers, 4 for roedeers, and wildboars" for example. And is not fence áreas

Bests

Welcome Jorge, Very nice stag there.

Do you hunt from an elevated blind or spot and stalk there? What kind of archery equipment are you using?

Hello and thank you for the wellcome

This red stag was From a tree-stand. But I usually hunt in spot and stalk, all depend of the terrain

I usually Bowtech 360 bow, with limbdriver rest, Victory arrows, Grim reaper broadheads and Blackgold sight.

Now I´m living in the middle of Spain (Madrid) but I move for all Spain hunting and guiding bowhunters too

Bests and thank you for the wellcome again

Hello John

I have been in Texas, Maryland, Arizona, hunting with my bow, and in British Columbia (Canada). I would like to come again for a Mule deer bowhunt but I don´t know when!!

Bests

Welcome!! Feel free to share any and all stories/pictures from your hunts there. I find the hunting in much of Europe, while different from here, quite fascinating. I'd love to hunt Ibex in Spain someday, but I have champagne dreams and a water budget...

Thank you again for the wellcome

All year I hunt a lot of Ibex, but females!! hahaha.... is the same hunt but with less horns!! Really, is a very beautifull hunt, but I think that the most difficult is the roedeer and the chamois. You need to have a very good place to shot a animal with the bow.

Sorry for my poor english

Your English is fine, I wondered what kind of equipment was available to you there. I know in some European countries archery is prohibited, which I never understood but oh well. Good to know you don't have that retraction in Spain.

I was able to hunt Roe deer in Romania in May and have always been enamored by European game and hope to hunt some more there. Chamois, Stag, Fallow are on my list as well as Ibex. If I hunt Ibex it would probably be Spain. My good friend will be there this December I believe to try his hand at them.

Again welcome, I always welcome hunting reports from our European counter parts.

Bienvenido Madrileno!

It's good to see an Iberian bowhunter here.

Spain (Euskadi) is the land of my forefathers and I have some fond memories of living in your beautiful country.

Someday I will return, and maybe....bowhunt!

Until then, I will have to live the dream through you, and be happy with hunting here in Colorado.

Hello Southwind

Where your friend come and what is the outfitters? is probably that I know

When I have time I post a picture with fallows. There are a place in the middle of the Spain that you can hunt fallow deers in the same place that the Ibex!!! I think is one of the most beautifull hunts. In the good season, you can see the rut of the deer and fallows with the Ibex near!!!

bests

T bone

I think that in Euskadi there are more bowhunter that in other part of Spain, hahaha.....

Spain is a good place for hunt at for a bowhunt. Let me know when you come ;-)

He is hunting with Casahispanica (I think that is what he said?) and it is December of 2017 not this year as I stated earlier.

Really?

I have been hunting with their and guiding for bowhunter. I don´t know if he come with bow or rifle. They have a very good place, with a very good trophy. The owner Vicente is a very good man and formal. The town is small and beautifull. December is a very good date!! Is sure that your friend have good luck easy.

If they need something let me know

Bests

Your english is wonderful. Don't worry about it. :) I'm looking forward to seeing your posts of you and your clients in the future. Lots of great pictures like that one, please!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back