Hello from Laramie, WY

Cornell Cowboy

I'm a Wyoming native living in Laramie and working at the University of Wyoming. I typically hunt antelope, deer, and elk in southeast and southcentral WY. I've traveled to Alaska once on a caribou hunt (didn't kill a caribou, but I did kill a wolf and chase off a grizzly). I'm planning to start hunting CO for elk/deer in the next year or two, as I have a couple of brothers with kids that want to get together with me an my boys. I don't get to do much "hardcore" hunting anymore--I am always trying to find a place that's manageable for my three young boys (i.e. they can't pack into a rugged drainage 5-miles from a road) and wife (thus far, my crowning acheivement of marriage is that I got her into in hunting!!). I've enjoyed threads on here for a while, but just haven't introduced myself.

Welcome. A friend of mine just moved back to Laramie to work for the University. Seems like a cool spot. I look forward to stories of you and your kids hunting and fishing.

Welcome. I attended U of W in the 90s while I was doing a graduate degree. Great town and I loved the recreation there.

Welcome I retired from UW 1n 2014 and lived therein the mid 70s. Some good fishing and hunting all around that area.

Welcome! I live in northern Colorado just about an hour south of laramie. If you need help with some hunting spots in CO hit me up.

Back