Hello from Laramie, WY

Welcome to hunt talk! Look forward to your stories and pictures of hunts with your boys and wife. A great combo there!

Welcome! I tried like heck to get my wife to consider a move to Laramie. I dig that area. 'Twasn't meant to be.

PS- I'd be interested in what topic your graduate work was in.

Welcome! I tried like heck to get my wife to consider a move to Laramie. I dig that area. 'Twasn't meant to be.

PS- I'd be interested in what topic your graduate work was in.
BS - Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics
MS - Mechanical Engineering
PhD - Materials Science

U of Wyoming is my alma mater (BS and MS). Cornell is where I got my PhD.
I live 30 minutes from Ithaca....HUGE difference between there and Wyoming in all aspects of life. That must have been challenging to live there coming from Wyoming I’m guessing?

Welcome to Hunttalk!

Welcome, quite a few Laramie folks here. You'll find plenty of spots for you and the family to roam.
Are you going to be in the new building gong up a block from us?

Welcome, quite a few Laramie folks here. You'll find plenty of spots for you and the family to roam.
Are you going to be in the new building gong up a block from us?
No...thankfully I'll be staying in the old building... not in the $100M building that, as far as I can tell, only serves to hold large amounts of air. The faculty offices there are actually smaller and have no natural light...I have 2 functioning windows in my office now and I'm not about to give that up!

I live 30 minutes from Ithaca....HUGE difference between there and Wyoming in all aspects of life. That must have been challenging to live there coming from Wyoming I’m guessing?

Welcome to Hunttalk!
Oddly enough, I really liked it. There were a few more crazies that I'm used to in WY, but I lived a little out of town in an apartment complex on 160 acres so that kept me sane. The owner let me hunt whitetails right outside my door. I was able to introduce a bunch of city-dwelling grad students to the joys of wild meat. Overall, a I met a lot of nice, down-to-earth folks there...especially outside of downtown Ithaca and within the graduate student community.

Welcome. Went to HS in NW Colorado and spent 4 years in Ithaca, went to IC for undergrad and played rugby at Cornell for 3 years. Had a blast and many of closest friends were Cornell grad students, phd’s and post docs. Never did much hunting up there, too busy with rugby and beer, but in hindsight, wish I had.

No...thankfully I'll be staying in the old building... not in the $100M building that, as far as I can tell, only serves to hold large amounts of air. The faculty offices there are actually smaller and have no natural light...I have 2 functioning windows in my office now and I'm not about to give that up!

The new building will also serve to block sunlight for those living across the street, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back