Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Heart Beating

Wow. Just wow. That buck is clearly still alive when he drags it over for the photo opp. And during the photos. The guy acts completely oblivious. Weird. You'd think some of these losers don't even watch their videos before putting them up on YouTube.

Think he had his buddy hold it down while he field dressed it?
When I saw that I was dumbfounded someone could be so callous and indifferent.

If you spine shot a doe and you really want to eat the heart and not ruin any other internal organs by shooting it again is it ok to put it down with a knife?

If you spine shot a doe and you really want to eat the heart and not ruin any other internal organs by shooting it again is it ok to put it down with a knife?
I’ve done 3-4 this way. Cut diagonally upward in the throat with a large sharp knife and it severs the carotid. They die quickly and bleed out well. Careful not to get kicked, and also grip the knife tightly in your hand so it doesn’t slip and slice your hand. Also if you’re firearm hunting, and you don’t have a cape to preserve, you can also dispatch them with a spine shot from the rear at close range, just below the base of the skull.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back