Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Headlamps

I have had a pile of headlamps as well, currently have 3 black diamond storms of various ages… the lock button doesn’t always work, 2 of them some how got cracked in my pack and aren’t waterproof any longer, they work but I’m probably going to upgrade to the fenix @Greenhorn likes.
I’m in the same boat. Have three versions of the storm and they have always done me well. Never had an issue with them. I ordered a fenix though. @Greenhorn needs a fenix promo code to get some kick backs at this point

My house probably has 7 or 8 headlamps in service on a regular basis. It's normal for there to be 2 or 3 of us outside after dark with headlamps on doing chores.
We have a variety of lamps powered by rechargeable AAA batt. Everything in our house has these rechargeable.

In the backpacks we have petz and BD with locks and rechargeable AAA's also an extra set of energizer lithium weight nothing and hardly ever get used. I'm not going to have too much tied up in the headlamps

My house probably has 7 or 8 headlamps in service on a regular basis. It's normal for there to be 2 or 3 of us outside after dark with headlamps on doing chores.
We have a variety of lamps powered by rechargeable AAA batt. Everything in our house has these rechargeable.

In the backpacks we have petz and BD with locks and rechargeable AAA's also an extra set of energizer lithium weight nothing and hardly ever get used. I'm not going to have too much tied up in the headlamps
I switched over to AA and AAA Eneloops and Amazon basic rechargeable a couple years ago. I also made sure all my lights now take one or the other. It has made life simpler for sure. GPS takes AA and I can get about 25% more time running it than I could on alkaline Batteries. Also don’t have to worry about the NiMH batteries leaking like alkaline. I do have a couple lights that can use a different battery but they both also take AA’s as a backup so I’m covered if I run out of CR123’s.

Headlamp, GPS and flashlights all take AA. I can put fresh batteries in everything and only carry 4 spares. Never had an issue, but I haven't had to break down an elk in the dark, yet.

Last edited:
Headlamp, GPS and flashlights all take AAA. I can put fresh batteries in everything and only carry 4 spares. Never had an issue, but I haven't had to break down an elk in the dark, yet.
I remember when the pretzel tikka's were the best thing ever. UNTIL you've had to break down all sorts of animals in the dark, elk included, and pack them out miles off trail in the dark. Do people even carry GPSs and actual "flashlights" these days?

I remember when the pretzel tikka's were the best thing ever. UNTIL you've had to break down all sorts of animals in the dark, elk included, and pack them out miles off trail in the dark. Do people even carry GPSs and actual "flashlights" these days?
I still carry compasses and a paper map too.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back