Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

HB 505 - Elk Need Your Help

You’re more optimistic than I.

I hope I’m wrong.

I don't think it's dead, it's just bleeding heavily. Keep after the committee. Calls, emails, etc.

They're going to be busy all week hustling after the massive landfall from the COVID bill, so a lot of folks will be consumed with that rather than stuff like this, which can sit for another week without moving before bumping up against revenue transmittal.

MT just received almost $2 billion from Uncle Sam's No Limit Credit Card, so it's like free crack for addicts right now.

I've still been hitting them daily, new argument against it each time too. It takes less than 5 minutes, why wouldn't all of us be hitting them with either calls, texts or emails daily? I honestly haven't had luck with calls, but texts are making it through and harder to ignore than emails. See my post on Page 17 for phone numbers, and keep it professional.

I don't think it's dead, it's just bleeding heavily. Keep after the committee. Calls, emails, etc.

They're going to be busy all week hustling after the massive landfall from the COVID bill, so a lot of folks will be consumed with that rather than stuff like this, which can sit for another week without moving before bumping up against revenue transmittal.

MT just received almost $2 billion from Uncle Sam's No Limit Credit Card, so it's like free crack for addicts right now.

E_ZbHF.gif

Are you getting responses from text messages? I figured the listed numbers were landlines in offices so haven’t considered texting.

Are you getting responses from text messages? I figured the listed numbers were landlines in offices so haven’t considered texting.
I have not had a text bounce. That tells me that the messages are going through despite not get an actual written response.

I texted all of the Representatives listed as Swing votes, last night. No bounce back or feedback. Should I include other members. If so is there a list of names and phone numbers for all Reps? Also, looked at agenda on this afternoons meeting and nothing mentioned about HB 505. Thanks.

I texted all of the Representatives listed as Swing votes, last night. No bounce back or feedback. Should I include other members. If so is there a list of names and phone numbers for all Reps? Also, looked at agenda on this afternoons meeting and nothing mentioned about HB 505. Thanks.

Executive action is usually not listed, but generally occurs after scheduled bills have been heard.

If they are waiting for Thursday, then expect more amendments. FWP was in the building working this hard in order to salvage it. Keep after it and don't let up until the sucker is dead.

Laura Lundquist is a damn good reporter.

“Forty-six hunters and former biologists signed up to speak against the bill. Even the handful of proponents didn’t know if the bill could improve the problem of elk overpopulation in certain areas.

My brother got a response from his Representative from Glendive that said..

“The only thing I wonder is why should our area be concerned about 505 when we don’t have elk in our area. It doesn’t concern us at all.”

Which is not true, but I think it is worth repeating that for a lot of these legislators, they have no clue about what they’re voting on and you should be willing to explain those issues in the simplest terms.
That's a stupid response from his legislator. Your brother needs to remind him he is there to look after governing the state, not just Glendive. If that's his attitude perhaps he needs to resign and run for county commissioner. Your brother should pass that guy's response around to others in the community. Time for a change.

That's a stupid response from his legislator. Your brother needs to remind him he is there to look after governing the state, not just Glendive. If that's his attitude perhaps he needs to resign and run for county commissioner. Your brother should pass that guy's response around to others in the community. Time for a change.
If it doesn't affect that Rep or his/her constituents then I'm sure they'll abstain from voting on the bill.:rolleyes:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back