MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HB 505 - Elk Need Your Help

Those are web and phone messages. I don’t know if the individual emails folks have sent to individual legislators may be being counted in that report.

I think the ratio is meaningful. 93+% opposed

I posted similar info on the SB143 thread - and also similar to what @Nameless Range posted above. Montanafreepress did organize the data - which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVehhHuO768_B6xh-qWGSNi2O_UPGzYZbMKuHmRpTYw/edit#gid=0

The details on HB505:

9lYMmh8.png

Dull pitchforks require more thrust, but get the point across better....Metaphorically.
I never been accused of “being the sharpest tool in the shed”, but when legislation is so bad the dull tools have to take off work to go testify in person against it, that should be a pretty good sign to the sharper tools that legislation needs to die.

Yes, but FWP is more interested in what the votes in the Legislature think.

Agreed and this was my point in post #374 on Page 19. I remember emailing the commissioners afterwards asking how they could adopt this based on the overwhelming opposition from the public comment period. The response was they approved it based solely on FWP's recommendation to approve. That was the turning point for me in my belief that FWP's wildlife management leadership does not care one bit about us as hunters. We're the constant in the equation and will buy tags no matter how bad it gets.

Agreed and this was my point in post #374 on Page 19. I remember emailing the commissioners afterwards asking how they could adopt this based on the overwhelming opposition from the public comment period. The response was they approved it based solely on FWP's recommendation to approve. That was the turning point for me in my belief that FWP's wildlife management leadership does not care one bit about us as hunters. We're the constant in the equation and will buy tags no matter how bad it gets.
Worth reading twice...at least, and I agree completely.

Further, and not to get out in the weeds too far, the FWP agreed to move slowly on shoulder seasons and try it in a few areas, report on if they worked before continuing. They, did just the opposite...they floored the shoulder season gas peddle and in the blink of an eye it was 44 units with shoulder seasons and now are entrenched and will never change.

The FWP leadership did that...not the legislature, not the hunters in Montana. Plus, they knew what they were going to do the whole time...they lied and still continue to lie.

Seems this bill is about to be a repeat and trust me, the FWP has a lead foot and are more than ready to floor the gas peddle again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back