Have you ever been attacked by a cougar?

Once in 1970. I had just mowed her lawn...oh , wait.

Several times been too close for comfort hunting & hiking and such. Stalked a few times.

Used to watch them in the Park drag deer across the lawn near the campground and office. Bury them under a bush behind the office. Saw that 2 times. I would not tell anyone and the bush was right under the supervisors office window. My office was in maintenance...

Scariest time was when we trapped one at a friends ranch that had been killing sheep. CAG&F warden, NWS trapper and I had set the trap. That big tom was enough to just see, let alone 2 feet away and pissed.

On a bright note I'm going shopping today and maybe I will run into Hope.
Now what if I am older?
Sugar Daddy

Rumor has it, if you head in to Ace around noon on a Saturday there’s a good concentration of them 🤣

Only once, then I married her and that was the worst and most costly decision that I ever made.
i should of acted like a trigger happy NR tourist and unloaded the #6 shot. This cougar went straight dementia 20+ years later, can’t read teleprompters, asking about her dead nanny… definitely unload and run the other way. Much easier to explain to F&G then getting home after 3 weeks of hunting and she ate your dog, buried all the money for safe eating later and you end up waking up in different places every other day. The worst is you go on HT 2 months later and read about a dog kill and can’t find the damn thread! It can’t be better than the German Shepards, could it? Who knows my internet in my cardboard box is too slow to waste time looking for the thread.

i am petrified of cougars…..mountain lions I will gladly pet and cuddle with.

I met an older woman at a bar last night. She looked pretty good for a 50-year-old. In fact, she wasn't too bad at all, and I found myself thinking she probably had a really hot daughter.

We drank a couple of beers, and she asked if I'd ever had a Sportsman's Double? 'What's that? I asked. 'It's a mother and daughter threesome,' she said.

As my mind began to embrace the idea, and I wondered what her daughter might look like, I said, 'No, I haven't.'

We drank a bit more, then she said with a wink, 'tonight's your lucky night'.

We went back to her place. We walked in. She put on the hall light and shouted upstairs: 'Mom, you still awake?'

I met an older woman at a bar last night. She looked pretty good for a 50-year-old. In fact, she wasn't too bad at all, and I found myself thinking she probably had a really hot daughter.

We drank a couple of beers, and she asked if I'd ever had a Sportsman's Double? 'What's that? I asked. 'It's a mother and daughter threesome,' she said.

As my mind began to embrace the idea, and I wondered what her daughter might look like, I said, 'No, I haven't.'

We drank a bit more, then she said with a wink, 'tonight's your lucky night'.

We went back to her place. We walked in. She put on the hall light and shouted upstairs: 'Mom, you still awake?'
So how was it?

You get exciting encounters from all kinds of animals. Cougars, marmots, can't wait to find out your next one!! Glad you were able to kick it and scare it away! Was it coming at you like the video below?

I’d seen a clip of that , but not the whole video , just another reminder why you should have your pistol 🔫 with ya even jogging

Actual update.

WDFW stopped by this afternoon and said a neighbor within 400 yards of my incident killed a cougar yesterday. Young male. Shooter said it came into his yard at 4pm and wouldn't leave, wasn't afraid of him or his dogs, said it acted very strange so he shot it.

I feel much better about my morning runs/ bikes/ hikes now.

Actual update.

WDFW stopped by this afternoon and said a neighbor within 400 yards of my incident killed a cougar yesterday. Young male. Shooter said it came into his yard at 4pm and wouldn't leave, wasn't afraid of him or his dogs, said it acted very strange so he shot it.

I feel much better about my morning runs/ bikes/ hikes now.
I was going to ask you if you’d heard anything from WDFW. Good deal. Wonder what was wrong with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back