Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Have you ever been attacked by a cougar?

Pro tips for defending yourself against a cougar attack:

1.) Scream like a little girl. It will confuse them. Nobody really wants to hit a little girl. Even cougars. Mostly. There's always that one asshole though. So, it's most likely going to work.

2.) Pray to Whitesnake. Then start singing Here I go Again on My Own. It's the song of the cougar's people, and it will evoke parlay.

3.) Don't parlay with a cougar. Even though they demand it. Use it as an excuse to remind the cougar you just scream like a little girl, not actually speak cougar.

4.) Never go in to the woods w/o knowing how to negotiate using Jack Donaghy's Negotiate to Win tactic.
Lamb will talk it to death

You get exciting encounters from all kinds of animals. Cougars, marmots, can't wait to find out your next one!! Glad you were able to kick it and scare it away! Was it coming at you like the video below?
no thank $*)Q!#@$ god it was not. It would be really hard to jog that last 1/4 mile home with shorts full of sh!t.

Only cuddly black bear encounters for me on trails close to town. A friend found a dead deer on national forest ground <2 miles from our house (very much in town, we are 1 mile from Costco) and had trail cam pics of a mountain lion with two kittens, black bears, and wolves all coming to it.

This was pretty close to my office a couple years ago. Supposedly someone was taking a nice lunch break outside and heard something in the tree above them and looked up and saw the lion.

no thank $*)Q!#@$ god it was not. It would be really hard to jog that last 1/4 mile home with shorts full of sh!t.
they found out that cougar had cubs around there as well and chasing that guy away from them. that is why i was curious.

Me either.
Until this morning.

H O L Y S H I T that was scary. It didn't make contact but stopped at about 6 feet, with me yelling and screaming at it. Worthless bird dog didn't do shit, probably was waggin' his tail.
Whoa dude. Scary stuff. Glad you’re alright.

I'm just going to submit for your consideration that S&W makes an 11oz .22mag revolver with a 3(?) inch barrel. Mountain lions are little wimps on the bullet soaking scale. And you know you want that little pocket rocket for grouse during elk season anyways.
You're talking to a guy that has spent enough time trying to eliminate feral cats to call BS on that claim. Cats can take double what elk can take.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back