Caribou Gear

Have you ever been attacked by a cougar?

As i felt my balance wain with the effort of the kick, with barely grazed the cat, I immediately regretted my decision, but thankfully it was blinded by the spotlight and didn't capitalize the one moment of weakness.

Maybe it was laughing too hard at your puffy shoes and squealing sounds to continue a proper attack, I too find it hard to concentrate when I'm cracking up :unsure:

Damn that hurts! Hey Chris I’m not THAT much older than you… I digress, yes I am 🥺

But a retirement home?? Dude that’s like hunting over a feeder c’mon man give me a few props!!!!🤣

generally when you think of cougars they gotta be like 15 to 20 years older than us so that’s why I use that reference 😎 I’m too old to hunt cougars too 😟 but not MILF’s 🤣

Last edited:
Grizzlies are what they are, but cats give me the creeps. They also have some kind of hypnosis like movement that mesmerize you. I’ve only had 1 “encounter” at about 75 yards. I found myself just staring at it, not worried or thinking about defending myself. Once it knew I was there it dropped low and disappeared, that’s when the hair on my neck stood up.

A good friend of mine from high school and I were on a weekend backpacking trip probably 20 years or so ago, and he brought along his new lab that had just gotten back from training camp. Sitting around the fire one night the pup perked up, staring into the the dark and growling. My friend and I went to grab flashlights and start looking just in time to see one jump into the firelight, smack the pup across the face, bite it behind the neck, and drag it off.

I didn't sleep that night.

We found his pup up a tree about 300 yards from camp the next day. Long quiet pack out. I bought my first pistol the next day - even though in that instance it would have done no good what so ever.
You posted this once before and it sucked to read the first time. I didn't need to read it again. Boo on you! Boo!!

Back