Havalon Paranta

smalls

In the "Most Important Gear" thread, a few of you mentioned your affinity for the Paranta knife.

First, for those who have used it, how many blades are you typically using to dress and bone out an animal?

Second, how do you carry the extra blades? Is there a hard case of some sort that stays closed very reliably? I don't particularly want to go fishing for something in the lid of my pack with loose scalpel blades floating around.

I don't know how you guys cope, but when I get the fall itch real bad I can't help but to buy gear and a new knife right now sounds fantastic... just like a new sleeping bag and tent sounded fantastic last week and a pair of bino's sounded the week before :D I think my wife is starting to think that the "off-season" is more expensive than hunting season.

The blades come in foil packages. Keeps them fairly safe. They also sell a case that holds the knife and extra blades for like $5

I have never counted blades. Last year my brother caped out a sheep full body with one. I'd say 2 for elk, one for deer. Note you CANNOT pry anything with the blades, they snap.

They are scary sharp, I think it makes me safer with a knife cause I always set that thing down before I do something like pull or roll a critter over.

Pay extra $ and get the Orange one. I wish I had.

Last edited:
The 2 hunts that I've been on with Fin he has used this knife. Most recently was the spring bear hunt. He used only one blade on it for the whole bear. That was complete skinning and boneing it out. I know that last year he only used one blade on my elk as well. I think they are great.

The 2 hunts that I've been on with Fin he has used this knife. Most recently was the spring bear hunt. He used only one blade on it for the whole bear. That was complete skinning and boneing it out. I know that last year he only used one blade on my elk as well. I think they are great.

;)To heck with the knife...it sounds like I should just pack Fin around to be my cut man. Good to know though, thanks Lawny and dink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back